Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/04/2016 8:05 am  #1

Aaron Jackson

Aaron is making over 1 million dollars a year now. Explains why he gave up on his NBA dream.

http://www.talkbasket.net/salaries
http://euroleagueadventures.com/top-50-salaries-in-the-euroleague/

10/04/2016 9:32 am  #2

Re: Aaron Jackson

If that Euro conversion rate is right, it's about $1.33 Million US. He deserves every penny. Way to go Aaron.

10/05/2016 7:52 am  #3

Life in Europe and Asia not so bad for former Dukes, it propelled Mike James into the longest NBA career of any Duke, made a multi millionaire out of AAron Jackson and a European Basketball Legend as a player and coach out of Lionel " Big Train " Billingly.

A diehard fan since 1961

10/05/2016 2:59 pm  #4

Phildog wrote:

Life in Europe and Asia not so bad for former Dukes, it propelled Mike James into the longest NBA career of any Duke, made a multi millionaire out of AAron Jackson and a European Basketball Legend as a player and coach out of Lionel " Big Train " Billingly.

If Aaron can get a few more years in, he ought to be set for life. Pretty nice to be 35 years old, and have 3-4 million in the bank. Just the fact that he was willing to take the sure thing, as opposed to taking the D-League route, shows that he's likely to have his head screwed on straight, and won't be out blowing his money.

10/05/2016 3:20 pm  #5

Like many of us I suppose, I knew Aaron pretty well. He was a very unassuming and pleasant kid who seemed to have his feet on the ground. I expect you are right '81.

10/06/2016 8:05 am  #6

I don't think he had his feet on the ground.  He wouldn't be a very good basketball player.

10/08/2016 8:19 am  #7

Very nice. Aaron was one of the classiest guys I ever met. He and my soon lived next door to each other in Cricklewood (or whatever the heck it's called now). Just a super person.

WE ARE CREEPING UP TO THE SECOND FLOOR....

Board footera