Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/19/2016 11:20 pm  #1

Dukes' travel to Loretto to play the Red Flash under Fri. night lights

Using Sagarin predictor score, St Francis (ranked 182) is favored by 7 1/2 points over the Dukes (ranked 195).  If the Dukes play as sloppy as they did against a weak Robert Morris team (two fumbles by the punt returner resulting in Bobby Mo scoring 10 points and one blocked field goal resulting in run back for a TD) the Dukes will most likely lose.  However, St. Francis is a much better team than Bobby Mo.  So even if the Dukes do not give away possession of the ball as they so ineptly had done against the Colonials, the Red Flash has the wherewithal to beat the Dukes in Loretto.  

I believe that the Dukes will need to play their best game of the season thus far in order to return to the Bluff  2-0 in the NEC.  If the Dukes really want to win another NEC championship and return to the FCS playoffs, I think the Dukes will have the motivation to beat the Red Flash.   Go Dukes!     

http://www.goduquesne.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/101916aae.html

10/20/2016 9:46 am  #2

Re: Dukes' travel to Loretto to play the Red Flash under Fri. night lights

STATS' latest prediction (10/18/16) on the FCS playoffs have placed St. Francis in the spot to win the NEC championship, thus replacing the Dukes from last week's prediction.  The importance of the Dukes-Red Flash game in determining the NEC championship looms large.
http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20161018101544530297204&ref=hea&tm=&src=FCS

10/21/2016 9:47 pm  #3

Dukes fall in the last minute to SFU, 14-10. Buechel unable to get anything really going on the last second miracle drive. 

So that leaves the Dukes at 1-1. SFU is now 3-0. Wagner is also in front of us at 2-0, who plays Bryant tomorrow. Dukes will get Bryant next week back on the Bluff

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

10/21/2016 9:52 pm  #4

yak-rbc wrote:

Dukes fall in the last minute to SFU, 14-10. Buechel unable to get anything really going on the last second miracle drive. 

So that leaves the Dukes at 1-1. SFU is now 3-0. Wagner is also in front of us at 2-0, who plays Bryant tomorrow. Dukes will get Bryant next week back on the Bluff

Buechel has really had a rough year. Really disappointing considering the great career he has had. Hopefully he can finish strong.

10/27/2016 2:20 pm  #5

Surprised at the bad start for the Dukes, I expected big things from this team with all of the returning talent.  A narrow home victory against a very weak RMU team, followed by a disappointing road loss to SFU, in a game that the Dukes moved the ball and built up a big advantage in yardage but didn't find the end zone often enough. 

I am admittedly just a casual observer on Dukes Football, so if anyone close to the situation has and insight as to the reasons for  the struggles of the team it would be interesting to hear.  Have there been key injuries?  Is one unit holding the team back, or is it just too many mistakes?  It seems they made a bunch against RMU but still won the game late.

10/27/2016 2:33 pm  #6

levon1975 wrote:

Surprised at the bad start for the Dukes, I expected big things from this team with all of the returning talent.  A narrow home victory against a very weak RMU team, followed by a disappointing road loss to SFU, in a game that the Dukes moved the ball and built up a big advantage in yardage but didn't find the end zone often enough. 

I am admittedly just a casual observer on Dukes Football, so if anyone close to the situation has and insight as to the reasons for  the struggles of the team it would be interesting to hear.  Have there been key injuries?  Is one unit holding the team back, or is it just too many mistakes?  It seems they made a bunch against RMU but still won the game late.

Too many mistakes is the main culprit. Again, not to be too tough on beuchel who has had a great career, but two of their three losses have been games where Dillon has thrown multiple interceptions and been innaccurate. Obviously, he isn't the only player at fault. Their special teams have been horrible this year.

10/27/2016 10:38 pm  #7

Dukes2012 got the gist of it. 

i hope the team is contemplating redoing their offense a bit. Take the pressure off of Buechel a bit, give more feeds to AJ Hines (and his backup is no slouch either)

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

Board footera