Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

SEE INFORMATION UNDER MEN'S BASKETBALL BELOW:

COACH DRU HAS NOW FILLED ALL OF HIS COACHING POSITIONS

BRONNY JAMES REMAINS IN THE NBA DRAFT

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/04/2013 6:54 am  #1

Article on Derrick Martin

Negative attention coming from inside for Duquesne
February 4, 2013 12:22 
By Paul Zeise / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/duquesne/negative-attention-coming-from-inside-for-duquesne-673347/#ixzz2JvkpTP5M

Last edited by CLK (2/04/2013 6:55 am)

2/04/2013 8:28 am  #2

Re: Article on Derrick Martin

Martin's quotes in this article make a good impression. You have to wonder why we got this deep into the season with this kid getting almost no chance at all to contribute. 42 minutes in all these games.

2/04/2013 10:39 am  #3

Pardon me if I am wrong, but isn't that more players being thrown under the bus. 

Edit:  Actually I guess not, he is referring to the position and not the actual players I guess.

Last edited by duqkurt (2/04/2013 11:39 am)

2/04/2013 12:56 pm  #4

Sounds like an articulate kid who really cares about the team and his ability to contribute. Here's hoping that he makes good on any chances that he gets.

2/04/2013 3:00 pm  #5

Bottom line, if you don't bow down and kiss Ferry's ass you'll ride the bench.
"I played four centers -- and three of them gave us nothing ... absolutely nothing -- though I thought Derrick Martin did some good things in there," Ferry said.
It must make the players feel real good to be referred to as no-talent "donuts" in the press.
No wonder the team has given up on their coach and can't wait for the season to be mercifully over.

2/04/2013 4:23 pm  #6

Jackson40 wrote:

"I played four centers -- and three of them gave us nothing ... absolutely nothing -- though I thought Derrick Martin did some good things in there," Ferry said.
It must make the players feel real good to be referred to as no-talent "donuts" in the press.
No wonder the team has given up on their coach and can't wait for the season to be mercifully over.

While I don't like the idea of throwing players under the bus (Abele for example played 3 minutes), and while Ferry never seems inclined to pair the post players on the floor together, I don't think this team has quit on him and I don't think any of these players want the season to be over. You get 4 seasons, about 120 games total, and unless you're out there with one scholarship player, a couple walk-ons, and a manager with an NCAA Death Sanction hanging over your head, no one's quitting.

2/04/2013 6:20 pm  #7

ElDuque wrote:

Jackson40 wrote:

While I don't like the idea of throwing players under the bus (Abele for example played 3 minutes), and while Ferry never seems inclined to pair the post players on the floor together, I don't think this team has quit on him and I don't think any of these players want the season to be over. You get 4 seasons, about 120 games total, and unless you're out there with one scholarship player, a couple walk-ons, and a manager with an NCAA Death Sanction hanging over your head, no one's quitting.

OK, perhaps you would prefer the term passive aggression.

2/06/2013 9:59 pm  #8

ElDuque wrote:

Jackson40 wrote:

NOW, do you believe the the team has QUIT on their coach?

2/06/2013 10:01 pm  #9

I don't blame them for quitting on him.  He has seemed to quit believing in any of them. 

Last edited by duqkurt (2/06/2013 10:02 pm)

2/06/2013 10:07 pm  #10

Jackson40 wrote:

ElDuque wrote:

Jackson40 wrote:

NOW, do you believe the the team has QUIT on their coach?

I think it's pretty evident that Ferry has quit on most of the holdovers, and that they have quit on him as well. Not a good situation. It wouldn't surprise me if Jerry Jones is the only holdover next year. Maybe that would be for the best.

Board footera