Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/22/2016 9:59 am  #26

Re: YOu know what's funny?

theprofessor1099 wrote:

I believe that there will be a bidding war among Kentucky, Duke, Syracuse and Louisville.  However, the Warriors or Lakers might jump in there too. 

Apologies for not recognizing this as humor early on...

11/22/2016 5:50 pm  #27

fjhryn: I appreciate your passion, but I am one of the folks who said I won't buy season tickets again unless he gets to the NCAA/NIT or if he doesn't then he needs to go.  I think that is fair.  As far as support, I was extremely supportive for many, many years but enough is enough.  I sat through many eras of poor teams including the Danny Nee era when I was probably one of 300 in the stands on many  home games.  How about Porter...poor guy, in over his head as DU tried to save money.  I can go on.  Kept my season tickets through last year as folks and Teflon Jim blamed the players who he recruited, didn't teach defense, and i can go on.  I have been more than fair and it is my right to not give financial support until one of those three things happen.  Not even angry at your comment...just tired of the Same Old Duquesne.  Heck, I would be Happy with an NCAA or NIT bid once every 3-4 years.  I think what has turned me off is this coaches inability to take responsibility but I guess that is what happens when you have never had a winning season at Duquesne.  You can't look in the mirror - it is someone or something else's fault.  One last thing, don't misconstrue not buying my season tickets or not giving any more $$ to the University with never going to a game.  I didn't say that...yet.

11/22/2016 6:03 pm  #28

fjhryn,  one of the things that still keeps some of the old timers around is that they actually did experience big time Duquesne basketball.  While not 20,000 but 13,000 cheering the Dukes at the old packed Civic Arena.  Wins over Notre Dame, Villanova, Providence, and other ranked teams.  Support for this Duquesne was not lost over night, but by decades of incompetence and small time thinking and indifference by the Duquesne Administration.  After decades of losing DU fired the only coach who brought them back to respectability with 5 winning seasons in six years.  Just saying may want to consider where some of the frustrations are coming from. 

Last edited by CLK (11/22/2016 6:04 pm)

11/22/2016 7:01 pm  #29

fjhryn wrote:

Call me whatever name you want, but in my 50 years of supporting the Dukes, I've seen everything good and bad with this Program. Win or lose, I will continue my support of the Program both by attending games and otherwise. No, I wasn't flown to Lexington as others were because of my support, but neither were a number of other fans who drove 6 hours to get there and also attend each game at home. That was the message I was trying to send by my last post. Sure that was Kentucky, and it's easy for those fans and others to support a Program that consistently wins. And yes, following a Program that isn't and hasn't been successful for a number of years isn't easy. But, to give up on THIS team after their performance in Kentucky, like I have read from many comments on these threads, is sad. Yes, I was very happy with the five years prior to Ferry, and not happy with how that ended, but to stay away from games and not support the team now makes no sense to me if you call yourself a supporter of the Dukes. Who are you hurting and what end are you seeking? Go Dukes!

Cheers to you my friend, well articulated. I feel much the same.

11/22/2016 7:36 pm  #30

fjhryn guess who I feel for?  The kids who signed on to play for this program and have been short changed. It's not THIS team that people have quit on it's the lack of accountability. The talent being wasted is sad. While early on when Kentucky was shooting the ball so poorly we decided to help them by firing 3's early in the shot clock. Could anyone watch that game and believe it was approached any differently. The insistence of starting every offensive set by going left resulted in what? 10 steals or more did we ever change it. The team came out scared played scared. Did I expect anything more than what happened, no but I did expect effort and a desire to compete. I didn't see that from many players.

Board footera