Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/20/2012 12:53 pm  #1

North Dakota State

Looks like all indications point to this being another nail biter...
• Oddmakers have the Dukes as 1½ favorites (line opened at 2½).
• Pomeroy has the Dukes winning by 1; with a 51% chance of victory.

11/20/2012 3:39 pm  #3

Re: North Dakota State

Thanks for the link, duqkurt.  This is a good, insightful blog post.  I like having Zeise (and Chris Harlan of the Trib) as our beat writers.

11/20/2012 3:42 pm  #4

Thanks for the link, duqkurt.  This is a good, insightful blog post.  I like having Zeise (and Chris Harlan of the Trib) as our beat writers.

11/20/2012 6:33 pm  #5

James Madison beat Youngstown State 69 -68

11/20/2012 8:17 pm  #6

North Dakota State is beating us like a rented mule. Up 25 almost halfway through the second. I'm not getting the perception that we want to play tonight,

What a freakin' disaster.

11/20/2012 8:41 pm  #7

19 points in each half. In a home game. I'm afraid to read post-game comments because I'm afraid of reading "I need to tinker with the lineup more. I'm like a mad professor, tinkering," said Nee.

11/20/2012 8:47 pm  #8

Horrible effort and result to a Summit League team.  Horrible.

11/20/2012 8:51 pm  #9

The Dukes shoot 27% for the game,   (depressed)

I would like to see what the Dukes stats look like after 4 games.

11/20/2012 9:47 pm  #10

Only good thing about this game was it finished before the concert let out. Butler up 17 on No. Carolina by the way.

11/20/2012 10:59 pm  #11

Some casual observations from an untrained eye:  North Dakota State is a very good team, maybe not the most talented, but they really put on a clinic tonight.  This was a case of a very good defensive team forcing the opposing team out of their game.  Marhold  and Johnson were both a disaster tonight, because instead of playing like leaders, they just got frustrated and then everyone started getting sloppy.  NDS had a bunch of guys that were physically solid, and just pounded the Dukes inside defensively.  "Packing and slapping" should be their motto.  They jammed the paint and had pretty quick hands working full speed.  Dukes couldn't hold the ball inside, and when the outside shooting went south,  this game was over.  If Jon Severe is looking for a team that can give him minutes, go to Duquesne.  As said, they pushed Marhold around, and it was obvious that although Abele was physically able to go toe to toe, he was going to last for just a few minutes due to ND State's quick hands.  Martin came in and used a pogo stick style to slow the bleeding, but it was a little too little too late.  The rest of the Dukes simply folded when the gap got too large early on (like the first 5 minutes).  Ferry began to experiment with personnel, because he still needs to see what he has in game situations.  Pure and simple, Duquesne was just beaten soundly by a much better team tonight.  Poise went out the door, and I think this will not be the last time you hear from North Dakota State.  They played a great game tonight, and the Dukes went home with their tails between their legs.

11/20/2012 11:04 pm  #12

Ferry is going to be another coach who refuses to put two tall kids on the court at the same time. Marhold has looked overmatched, Abele is a role player (screens, defense), and Martin is thin and gets shoved around. Why not play two at a time?

11/21/2012 1:33 am  #13

Ferry seems to play the same offensive scheme as RE fast and furious, so I'll agree with you ED he probably won't because he likes a quick aggressive, alot of shots offense, no saying its right or wrong, just what it is. I felt Martin played his best minutes since being here. He out played Marhold and Abele. He had 2 blocks, I believe 4 or 6 rebounds and was boxing out and getting up and down the court faster than the other 2 bigs. Abele imo just doesn't have athleticism, slow running, can't jump, and stone hands. There is a picture of him and Kadeem in the photo gallery of NDS game, photo #9, take a look at it and both are jumping. Kadeems feet are above Abele's knees. Marhold is hit or miss, can leap like a gazelle but hesitates when he does catch the ball, again hit or miss, and puts it on the floor when he could leap over everyone and stuff it.

I said it after we hired Ferry that it seems like we just hired another RE as far as the type of Offense and Defense and size of players they recruit. BTW, I hope your didn't pull out your golden Mullet hairs watching this game, but noticed you avatar is not the same attractive Mullet man on the other board?

11/21/2012 7:43 am  #14

Good interview by Ferry,  The Dukes shoot 18% from the three point line. 

http://www.goduquesne.com/sports/m-baskbl/recaps/112012aab.html

11/21/2012 8:08 am  #15

CLK wrote:

Good interview by Ferry,  The Dukes shoot 18% from the three point line. 

http://www.goduquesne.com/sports/m-baskbl/recaps/112012aab.html

I love that they're posting these press conferences. I said it on Twitter but if I had to compare the coach's post game demeanor to politicians, Ron Everhart is Mitt Romney and Jim Ferry is Chris Christie.

I think we've only seen the tip of the Ferry system iceberg at this point because he doesn't have the right players right and the team doesn't seem like it's far enough along with the transition offense. They need to do a better job running the floor and passing on the break out. When he has the right two bigs or the right two bigs are ready, I think he'll play them together

Last edited by steve19981 (11/21/2012 8:09 am)

11/21/2012 10:00 am  #16

Steve coach Ferry certainly does not hold back in these interviews that is for sure.  He said he was out coached last night, and to a very large degree that was true.  It was so frustrating watching Johnson and Colter trying to take on five guys driving to the basket only to lose the ball or get their shot snuffed.  It will be interesting to see how these guys come out tonight.

11/21/2012 11:57 am  #17

Growing pains. We will see both sides of the coin this year from our team. This one, not so good. Next time, maybe better.

Board footera