Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/24/2017 2:13 pm  #1

3/24/2017 2:25 pm  #2

Re: Pitt's star, Brenna Wise, transferring from Pitt

Maybe it is good that Pitt has not scheduled us yet for next year according to some reports. Standard release usually says no ACC teams or any on the schedule. If so, I'd take her in a heartbeat.

3/24/2017 2:32 pm  #3

HookShot wrote:

Maybe it is good that Pitt has not scheduled us yet for next year according to some reports. Standard release usually says no ACC teams or any on the schedule. If so, I'd take her in a heartbeat.

I had heard that there have been discussions with Pitt to play a game in Dec. at Pitt.  Any long-term series between both colleges may wait for Pitt's new AD to get involved.

3/24/2017 3:23 pm  #4

Not to have an ego but I broke the story on her transfer. Was surprising but Pitt has had a few transfers.

3/24/2017 3:38 pm  #5

zacharymweiss wrote:

Not to have an ego but I broke the story on her transfer. Was surprising but Pitt has had a few transfers.

So Brenna doesn't want to play on a team that can't compete for the conference championship or even get close!

3/24/2017 4:07 pm  #6

It's getting very ugly for Suzie in Oakland. I don't see how she keeps her job past next year.

3/24/2017 9:45 pm  #7

For what it is worth --  DU does have (or did have when I was there) a decent enough Marketing Major Program Available to Business Administration Students --  Am pretty sure read in the past when they were finishing up in High School - Brenna and Chassidy were fairly good buddies -  Maybe Chassidy can convince her to transfer to the Bluff - Brenna would be an EXCELLENT addition to the program -  

3/24/2017 9:51 pm  #8

Honestly I do not see Brenna in a Duquesne uniform. Never say never but I give it a 0.01% chance of happening.

3/24/2017 9:52 pm  #9

zacharymweiss wrote:

Honestly I do not see Brenna in a Duquesne uniform. Never say never but I give it a 0.01% chance of happening.

Agreed. That would be a huge slap in the face to Susie and Pitt.

3/24/2017 10:47 pm  #10

A lot of times when you transfer teams place conditions. One of those most common is that you cannot transfer to a team on your former team's schedule. Duquesne would almost definitely fall under that.

Also I cannot quite place it but it does not seem like Dan Burt's kind of player. Considering Dan's recruiting abilities, I feel that if he wanted her before she would already have been on the Bluff.

Just my thoughts.

3/25/2017 5:52 am  #11

According to this article, Susie offered Wise while at Duquesne but felt that Wise preferred to play "big-time basketball."
http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/Pitt/2016/02/23/Through-tough-Pitt-season-Vincentian-graduate-Brenna-Wise-emerges-as-leader-for-Panthers/stories/201602230040

This makes me laugh now.  I guess Wise still prefers to play big-time basketball.

3/25/2017 7:29 am  #12

While it may be doubtful Brenna winds up at DU - read the LAST line of the article - where she says she is a PITTSBURGH GIRL -  Don't know if that meant Pitt -  I'd be the LAST one to tell Coach Burt how to recruit - Brenna DOES seem to run the floor well - and has excellent shooting range. And didn't DU have a Walk-on Red Shirt from Vincentian?? YOU CAN NEVER HAVE TOO MANY GOOD PLAYERS!! (They DO play "big-time basketball in the Ladies ACC - the local version - not so sure)

Am aware of the logistics (Player going from School A to School B) hey remember the Jeter situation at Pitt/Vanderbilt??  HOW ABSURD IS THAT??

First - WHY are the 19/20 year olds BEING held to a HIGHER STANDARD than "the adults"  (The Coaches)  Could Pitt have said to Dixon "While we will release you from your contract - YOU CANNOT GO TO A SCHOOL THAT IS ON ONE OF OUR FUTURE SCHEDULES???  If Jeter had said I'm going to Pitt PERIOD next year - WHAT could Vanderbilt REALLY have done to him LEGALLY - Kept him on campus against his Will??  Scholarships are SUPPOSEDLY - NOT FOUR YEAR DEALS BUT ONE YEAR DEALS WHICH ARE SUPPOSED TO BE RENEWED ANNUALLY.  There may have been an issue of how to cover his costs at Pitt the first year - WHAT was to stop Pitt from saying "JETER IS A MEMBER OF OUR TEAM - HE IS ON SCHOLARSHIP PERIOD - HE WILL SIT OUT THE YEAR - HIS BOOKS, HIS ROOM AND HIS TUITION ARE COVERED!!   PERIOD!!!!

I've always wondered if NCAA stood for Nobody Cares About Athletes or No Class At All!!!

3/25/2017 7:55 am  #13

Brenna Wise was underutilized by SMS at Pitt. She is used to being the best player on a team. Wise is all academic for two years in ACC so she can pretty much go anywhere. Would love to have her. BTW, Zachary, you are the fairest reporter in Pittsburgh. Thanks for your work.

3/27/2017 1:14 pm  #14

In Dan Burt I trust.

Board footera