Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/26/2017 2:31 pm  #26

Re: Keith Dambrot

Source told me - Major Commitment from University, a good salary and 7 year contract and yes Ferry should have been fired

3/26/2017 2:39 pm  #27

So Dambrot's going to Dayton?

3/26/2017 3:55 pm  #28

Pittsburgh sports now, is that run by a 9th grader?   Garbage.

3/26/2017 5:13 pm  #29

A FYI on Dambrot...
Didn't take job in 2013 due to his Son going to be incoming Freshmen on Akron's very successful Soccer Team. As well, his wife telling him if he goes to DU he is living by himself because she was not leaving her Son.

Fast forward to 2017, Son is a graduate student transfer on Pitt's Men's Soccer Team

3/26/2017 7:32 pm  #30

Wow...that's a very interesting point.

3/26/2017 7:41 pm  #31

I have a buddy that is a Dayton grad. Now, he says that Archie was making $4 million and they were prepared to up it to $5 million to keep him. Of course, we all knew that the Miller family doesn't settle for a permanent mid-major position. Not verified, of course, but just goes to show you that we are in no position to outbid anyone for a real quality coach.

WE ARE CREEPING UP TO THE SECOND FLOOR....

3/26/2017 8:25 pm  #32

KenOTR73 wrote:

I have a buddy that is a Dayton grad. Now, he says that Archie was making $4 million and they were prepared to up it to $5 million to keep him. Of course, we all knew that the Miller family doesn't settle for a permanent mid-major position. Not verified, of course, but just goes to show you that we are in no position to outbid anyone for a real quality coach.

The contract Miller will sign with Indiana supposedly will pay him $3 million / year.  I have my doubts he turned down a $5 million / year offer from Dayton.

On the other hand in order to get out of Dayton , Ohio ( parts of the city look like downtown Beruit Lebanon !! )maybe giving up some extra cash is worth it.

3/26/2017 9:04 pm  #33

3/26/2017 9:30 pm  #34

until another publication posts that Dambrot was in Pittsburgh, I cannot take PSN's words seriously.

and even if that were true, Harper interviewing Dambrot doesn't mean a ton. Presumably, at least one of the previous 4 (or 5? i forget) candidates "likely" to sign with Duquesne also were interviewed, and none of them took it.

so until Duquesne writes up a presser saying "X person is new head coach", or maybe even later than that (thanks UMass), it's not worth getting excited yet.

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

3/26/2017 9:31 pm  #35

Your buddy from Dayton must be delusional.  Miller signed with IUfor 3mil per year.  If he made 4 mil at Dayton, he took a 1 mil pay cut to take the job; and that didn't happen.  There is no way he was making anything close to that at Dayton.  I recall that they raised him over 1 mil when they made the Sweet 16.  I believe it was 1.2mil. 
The big negative about coaching at Dayton is that you actually have to live there.  It is an awful place; very depressing!  No nightlife or decent restaurants.  It would be like serving a prison sentence to live there!

3/26/2017 9:38 pm  #36

yak-rbc wrote:

until another publication posts that Dambrot was in Pittsburgh, I cannot take PSN's words seriously.

and even if that were true, Harper interviewing Dambrot doesn't mean a ton. Presumably, at least one of the previous 4 (or 5? i forget) candidates "likely" to sign with Duquesne also were interviewed, and none of them took it.

so until Duquesne writes up a presser saying "X person is new head coach", or maybe even later than that (thanks UMass), it's not worth getting excited yet.

I don't necessarily think Harper has interviewed anyone other than Dambrot, if the report is true.  I doubt that anyone has been actually offered the job.  Head hunters screen candidates for interest prior to interviews, so I suspect much of these unsubstantiated reports are coaches who've been approached by headhunters and have indicated they aren't interested.  Someone is doing the Duquesne athletic department a disservice and the historic anti-Duquesne media in Pittsburgh is using the leaks to suggest desperation and chaos that doesn't exist.  It will all work out.

3/27/2017 11:30 am  #37

My brother's, wife's, cousin, who works in the city said her co-worker's boyfriend saw Larry Brown walking down Forbes Ave near the Palumbo Cntr.  

3/27/2017 11:53 am  #38

My uncles' sisters' niece saw Elvis on Academic Walk!
(Sorry, couldn't resist)

3/27/2017 12:02 pm  #39

levon1975 wrote:

Your buddy from Dayton must be delusional. Miller signed with IUfor 3mil per year. If he made 4 mil at Dayton, he took a 1 mil pay cut to take the job; and that didn't happen. There is no way he was making anything close to that at Dayton. I recall that they raised him over 1 mil when they made the Sweet 16. I believe it was 1.2mil.
The big negative about coaching at Dayton is that you actually have to live there. It is an awful place; very depressing! No nightlife or decent restaurants. It would be like serving a prison sentence to live there!

Thanks for the info Levon and Ghost. I need something to pummel him with.

WE ARE CREEPING UP TO THE SECOND FLOOR....

3/27/2017 12:06 pm  #40

Costello or Dumerville?

3/27/2017 12:20 pm  #41

We definitely needed a laugh; great responses guys(or ladies); like the creativity!!

3/27/2017 12:52 pm  #42

I know we are thick in the forest of speculation but I decided to go on verbal commits to see akrons roster due to these most recent Dambrot leaks.

One thing I noticed is that they had a sophomore point guard who verbal commits had as the highest rated player on their roster. There is an update in the news section that the kid announced he was transferring on 3/25, over this past weekend when Dambrot was supposed to be in Pittsburgh.

The kid went to the same high school as Lebron James. Dambrot was the head coach at that high school when Lebron was there. The kid likely chose the school because of Dambrot as ESPN had him ranked as the #42 pg coming out of high school.

Could be a coincidence but pretty interesting nonetheless.

http://www.verbalcommits.com/schools/akron

3/27/2017 4:51 pm  #43

When I heard the news last week that DU was negotiating with Keith Dambrot I said DU can not be that stupid.  I keep wondering what was going on with the coaching search, as DU has been singularly focused on Dambrot since last Friday. Over the weekend it was revealed that DU agreed to Dambrot's salary requirements and conditions and I believed a contact would be finalized quickly as their was an offer and acceptance. So what's the delay? At this point, it looks like Dambrot was not negotiating in good faith, and was masterfully using Duquesne once again to leverage his position with Akron AGAIN.  This tweet from one of Akron major donors explains the delay. It appears that Harper has allowed DU to be played  again by Dambrot. If this results in a "Dambrot staying at Akron despite a million dollar offer by Duquesne" Harper needs his ass kicked by Gormley and the Board! 

victor g. davis‏ @vicdavis1948 "He had that opportunity to go there before for a lot more money but stayed here. A group of us & UA putting a package together" (to keep him)

3/27/2017 5:47 pm  #44

The link posted by lilpav30 above to Coaching hire is very very accurate. The ball is in Dambrots court now !!

3/27/2017 5:49 pm  #45

Dambrot was definitely in the Pittsburgh area today. However, it was recruiting on behalf of Akron at first love academy in Washington county, per Corey Evans. Not sure what to make of that news.

3/27/2017 5:49 pm  #46

CLK wrote:

When I heard the news last week that DU was negotiating with Keith Dambrot I said DU can not be that stupid.  I keep wondering what was going on with the coaching search, as DU has been singularly focused on Dambrot since last Friday. Over the weekend it was revealed that DU agreed to Dambrot's salary requirements and conditions and I believed a contact would be finalized quickly as their was an offer and acceptance. So what's the delay? At this point, it looks like Dambrot was not negotiating in good faith, and was masterfully using Duquesne once again to leverage his position with Akron AGAIN.  This tweet from one of Akron major donors explains the delay. It appears that Harper has allowed DU to be played  again by Dambrot. If this results in a "Dambrot staying at Akron despite a million dollar offer by Duquesne" Harper needs his ass kicked by Gormley and the Board! 

victor g. davis‏ @vicdavis1948 "He had that opportunity to go there before for a lot more money but stayed here. A group of us & UA putting a package together" (to keep him)

I agree with this and thought the same thing.    We have JOKERS running the athletic department.   

To even approach Dambrot was stupid.

3/27/2017 6:28 pm  #47

I said from the start "fool me once...... " I was really hoping this rumor was false and we weren't so stupid as to be taken in by this joker again.  Is he the only coach out there?  I would find someone else, please don't do this again.  The guy is a lifer in Akron; not moving.

I saw his team get trucked by about 30 points by Texas Arlington in this years NIT; so he's not exactly Pitino, Borheim or Wooden.  I don't see the attraction with this guy; seriously can we get a coach who wants to be here?

3/27/2017 6:42 pm  #48

levon1975 wrote:

I said from the start "fool me once...... " I was really hoping this rumor was false and we weren't so stupid as to be taken in by this joker again.  Is he the only coach out there?  I would find someone else, please don't do this again.  The guy is a lifer in Akron; not moving.

I saw his team get trucked by about 30 points by Texas Arlington in this years NIT; so he's not exactly Pitino, Borheim or Wooden.  I don't see the attraction with this guy; seriously can we get a coach who wants to be here?

The simple answer to your question is yes.  We will get a coach.  But we will now over pay for some like Ferry again.   

I just don't understand how they can make the same mistake twice.   Didn't any of the Amodio holderovers say to Harper, "this didn't go well the last time we tried it."

3/27/2017 6:44 pm  #49

I have the same two words I offered earlier: Hire. Mike. Rice.

3/27/2017 6:47 pm  #50

ElDuque wrote:

I have the same two words I offered earlier: Hire. Mike. Rice.

regrettably he does not appear to be a candidate at all .

Board footera