Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/21/2012 8:02 am  #1

Season Stats

As a team we have 61 turnovers and only 46 assists.  Confirms the selfish team comment by Ferry.  Of course he is the coach so as he said he is to blame also.  Based on these stats PJ is our best offensive player. He needs to play more.  It is only 4 games but trends are emerging.   

http://www.goduquesne.com/sports/m-baskbl/stats/2012-2013/teamcume.html

11/21/2012 10:04 am  #2

Re: Season Stats

I agree about the trends. As I said in an earlier post, Marhold seems to be regressing this year. He's being out-rebounded by Sean Johnson. He is in way over his head in the post, and I think the team would benefit by starting Abele with him. Abele is proving he can defend and set picks. He's not going to be an offensive center but his size will get him some offensive rebounds and having another "big" (if you can call Dre a big) would benefit him. Derrick Martin played well last night, and always seems to give a couple good minutes, so having him rotate in and out with Marhold and Abele would keep some size on the court. I think the Jones-Pantophlet experiment has been an abomination. They are the SAME PLAYER. So is Qwevyn Winters, who is better than both of them. So now my frontcourt is Abele-Marhold-Winters, with Martin, Jones and Pantophlet (in that order) as back-ups. Colter and Johnson of course should start, with PJ and Jeremiah Jones backing them up. And sorry but I agree with you: There's a veteran coaching staff that should be seeing this stuff. Stop already with the "it's Bush's (Everhart's) fault" and do your danged job!

11/21/2012 12:50 pm  #3

As the Prince pointed out in his post on another thread, Marhold keep getting pushed around by their big guys.  When Marhold was in the game their Center would just back him in to the basket for an easy shot.  He just is not big enough to handle other teams bigs.  On the other hand both abele and Martin did a nice job in neutralizing their big man, but the other NDS players took over.  We knew what we had in Marhold and he will continue to struggle against bigger stronger players like the kid from NDS.  Ferry needs to continue to work with and play Abele and Martin however I do not think any of them have the ball handling ability or outside shot to be a PF in Ferry's system.  The biggest disappointment to me is Kadeem.  He has not shown the ability to put the ball on the floor or pass, or make any kind of movement when he gets the ball in the half court, He usually just stands in one spot and wait for one of his teammates to take the ball.  To make matters even worse is his three point shooting has not been very good.  Unless he has a complete make over in hisd game I do not see him playing much the next two years.

11/21/2012 4:52 pm  #4

More than a few of our turnovers are because our bigs have trouble catching a pass.

11/21/2012 6:31 pm  #5

Rick, maybe lack of consistent PT?

11/21/2012 9:03 pm  #6

Great game by Kadeem.  Way to prove an old guy wrong.  he must have read my post.   (happy)

11/21/2012 10:28 pm  #7

Could be El Duque. I get a bad feeling everytime I see a pass heading for Marhold.

Board footera