Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/10/2017 8:44 pm  #1

NEC championship at Rooney tomorrow

Hello everyone and I am hoping that you are planning on getting to Rooney tomorrow for the noon kick Catholics vs Conns 1 ( credit to El Duque and  ND vs Miami tomorrow night). Dukes face a hot team that just handled St Francis fairly easily.Look for another strong game from AJ who will be determined to make up for his late fumble.Defense needs to get off field and need receivers to step up too! Go Dukes

11/11/2017 8:32 am  #2

Re: NEC championship at Rooney tomorrow

Career day for AJ today. 300+. Go Dukes.

11/11/2017 1:51 pm  #3

I think we can pick it up in second half but we are fortunate to be down 7.go dukes and take charge o line

11/11/2017 2:34 pm  #4

Keep it going Dukes!

11/11/2017 3:38 pm  #5

13 point lead in the 4th quarter.

DU has the ball in CCSU territory , under 7 minutes to go and ends up losing the game.

Really a crushing defeat !!!!

11/11/2017 3:41 pm  #6

No way to sugarcoat it. Complete and utter collapse. The fact that we seemingly dominate this bad conference every single year but have only made the NCAA tournament once is incredibly frustrating.

11/11/2017 4:05 pm  #7

Heartbreaker.

11/11/2017 4:15 pm  #8

I can't say it any better WashPaRick! Emotional roller coaster of a game and Dukes controlled play  in second half after getting pushed around in the first. I am still stunned and feel bad for Ben Nate  Carter Tommy and rest of seniors who played so well this season. We will miss you guys ! Judge Jack

11/11/2017 4:49 pm  #9

So many questionable coaching decisions.  Why not go for two when you go up by 12 in the 4th?  Why not go for it when its 4th and 1 on the 34 when you are trying to run clock?  

Last edited by CLK (11/11/2017 5:03 pm)

11/12/2017 9:47 pm  #10

Hey CLK. Still stunned by the result and in games like this there are always decisions that can be debated.  I think all of them could be argued both ways but I agree that I would have gone for 2 after last touchdown to try to get back earlier PAT miss as 1 point doesn't help much there. I am a big fan of this coaching staff and not impartial either in that regard!thanks for the post

11/13/2017 1:59 pm  #11

Bummer way to lose the Conf, I was pulling for you guys to win the conf and get the autobid.

11/13/2017 2:12 pm  #12

Thanks for sharing jacked and as I said originally you and SDSU are class personified and I personally will be pulling for you guys all the way! Thanks for following up and Good Luck!

11/13/2017 3:53 pm  #13

Judge Jack McVay Jr wrote:

Hey CLK. Still stunned by the result and in games like this there are always decisions that can be debated.  I think all of them could be argued both ways but I agree that I would have gone for 2 after last touchdown to try to get back earlier PAT miss as 1 point doesn't help much there. I am a big fan of this coaching staff and not impartial either in that regard!thanks for the post

Judge, I think they made a huge mistake in running to the left on the play prior to the missed field goal. They should have had Stuart take a few steps back and take a knee right in the middle of the field. Kicking the ball from the left hashmark from the one yard line is very tough.

11/13/2017 4:17 pm  #14

Dukes2012 wrote:

Hey CLK. Still stunned by the result and in games like this there are always decisions that can be debated. I think all of them could be argued both ways but I agree that I would have gone for 2 after last touchdown to try to get back earlier PAT miss as 1 point doesn't help much there. I am a big fan of this coaching staff and not impartial either in that regard!thanks for the post

Judge, I think they made a huge mistake in running to the left on the play prior to the missed field goal. They should have had Stuart take a few steps back and take a knee right in the middle of the field. Kicking the ball from the left hashmark from the one yard line is very tough.

absolutely true Dukes2012 !!!

11/13/2017 5:50 pm  #15

Thanks for sharing and makes sense to me. I actually was listening on radio and didnt see that!I appreciate it and again I admit that I am not always impartial...outside of court!Hahaha

11/14/2017 10:41 am  #16

Dukes2012 wrote:

Hey CLK. Still stunned by the result and in games like this there are always decisions that can be debated. I think all of them could be argued both ways but I agree that I would have gone for 2 after last touchdown to try to get back earlier PAT miss as 1 point doesn't help much there. I am a big fan of this coaching staff and not impartial either in that regard!thanks for the post

Agreed, Dukes2012; I thought the exact same thing.
I think the coaching staff got caught up in going for the win via TD instead of thinking it through.  I didn't see a replay - but when watching it live, it looked to me that CCSU had stacked their defense a bit to the Dukes right side (toward the middle of the field) anticipating a run in that direction. The Dukes may have outsmarted themselves there by going left, because that run was stuffed.  Then, in my opinion, they missed a chance to take a delay of game penalty to push that ball back 5 yards for an easier angle for our kicker.  Easy to second guess, but I didn't think it was our coaching staff's finest moment - and they had a lot of fine moments this year. I do think the Dukes were the best team in the NEC, but they didn't get it done when it counted. That hurts.

11/14/2017 11:00 am  #17

We always seem to have a way of shooting ourselves in the foot when we're in a big game. One of these years we'll get it done.

11/14/2017 4:40 pm  #18

Thanks for sharing guys and I had torn meniscus surgery Thursday so I didn't attend and went old school listening on radio. I appreciate everyone's insights

11/15/2017 5:24 pm  #19

Thanks for sharing guys and I had torn meniscus surgery Thursday so I didn't attend and went old school listening on radio. I appreciate everyone's insights

I hope your surgery went well and that you are on the road to recovery. Remember, ice is your friend (on your knee and in your glass).

11/15/2017 6:06 pm  #20

Thanks for sharing Phoenix and I am icing right now! I hurt it getting off the couch to make another sandwhich!Hahaha thanks again

Board footera