Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/05/2018 11:01 am  #1

Opinions and thoughts.

Come on people, let's not be so soft ! This is a message board ! People are going to have different opinions and thoughts. I have seen Ritters Diner be chastised in the past, Now GoDukes2017, I myself have thought out loud on this board and  was  ridiculed. ( To this day I do not understand how we got Chas Brown in October.)

Do you people feel that GoDukes2017 is going to have any influence on either Lewis or Williams Transferring out ? Do you think he is making them aware that this is a possibility ? No and No. Do I want them to even think that way ? Hell No, I enjoy watching them play and delighted for what they have accomplished and look forward for what the future holds for them in a Duquesne uniform. But in reality it may be a possibility, today's college basketball has way too many transfers each year, for what ever reasons.

This board, like the world, has many different people, thoughts and opinions. We are not all going to agree, some people only want positive thoughts and others like to post negative ones. So F***ing what. It gets like a school yard on this site with people fighting like children, with name calling and don't come here, go play somewhere else. Grow up. Let people have their thoughts and opinions, make a rebuttal and move on.

I find this board informative (especially on the recruits), insightful (thoughts on the present team), and amusing at times. Let's try to be a little more classy and improve as much as our Dukes have this year.

2/05/2018 11:25 am  #2

Re: Opinions and thoughts.

I’m sorry guys if I was ever negative. Wasn’t my intention but in today’s day, you see guys transfer after success at a mid major program m. You guys get mad at me because I hint out the possibility. We need both to stay clearly. I’m sorry fans

2/05/2018 1:07 pm  #3

I think guys will transfer, but not starters, IMHO.
There is little to no chance everyone that can stay, does.  But I cant see potential A10 first team type players leaving.  Lets just hope the rule of not having to sit out doesnt get passed, or all bets are off, it will be mass chaos across the country.

2/05/2018 1:25 pm  #4

townsonkid wrote:

There is little to no chance everyone that can stay, does.  But I cant see potential A10 first team type players leaving.  Lets just hope the rule of not having to sit out doesnt get passed, or all bets are off, it will be mass chaos across the country.

That proposed idea would only apply if the coach they committed to was fired or left the program, I believe. Should be a rule anyway in my opinion.

Last edited by Duques102 (2/05/2018 1:25 pm)

2/05/2018 1:26 pm  #5

townsonkid wrote:

I agree, it would ruin college basketball for low majors, mid majors, and about half of the P5 conference programs. However, it sounds like they settled on only expanding the transfer rules for kids at programs where the head coach has left or been fired, which is very fair IMO.

2/06/2018 11:27 am  #6

Yeah I’m gunna tell you right now dudes aren’t changing school for what someone post on here. It’s not negitive at all to just have a discussion. At the end of the day, dukes success is from the coaches and new administration. Players are great and I love seeing them win, but I have full confidence of Keith and his recurting ability.

That being said, watch out for Tarin leaving.

Go dukes.

Roll Dukes Roll

2/06/2018 11:35 am  #7

He would be a graduate transfer, he can leave and not sit out, thats a lot different(to not sit out).  It happens.  Nothing anyone can do about that.

2/06/2018 11:53 am  #8

Grad transfers are a part of the game today and will happen. Dukes can either lose or gain via this method as can all other schools. Don't care to speculate on what will occur here. Can't wait to see our transfers next year who will all be here. Tavian Dunn-Martin looks awesome when on the court before games at Palumbo. Has an NBA 3 in his repertoire.

2/06/2018 3:55 pm  #9

Tarin, could leave as a grad transfer and play elsewhere, but I honestly believe he could be our best guard if he stays and has his last year with KD.  The kid has flourished under KD and I think, like KD does, that there is even more gas in Tarin's tank.  He sounds like a mature kid who is finally enjoying some success - with more to come - on the Bluff.  I also think he probably recognizes what can happen at a P5 school, which is why he left Nebraska in the first place.  Hopefully he embraces his final year on the Bluff and is one of the clear leaders on next year's team. 

2/06/2018 4:21 pm  #10

It is my understanding T Smith had a bad leg upon coming here and finally it has healed. He is a driver and by developing his three range is making himself into a tough eastern guard, plus he handled coming off the bench with class.

This fan always feels good seeing him with the ball in his hands at games end.

A diehard fan since 1961

2/06/2018 4:37 pm  #11

I definitely want to see him on the court the last 5 minutes of a game.

2/06/2018 4:53 pm  #12

I've spoken with Tarin's parents who are frequently at home games.  They've told me that he loves playing for Coach Dambrot at Duquesne.  It would shock me to see him transfer.

2/06/2018 7:12 pm  #13

Duques102 wrote:

townsonkid wrote:

That proposed idea would only apply if the coach they committed to was fired or left the program, I believe. Should be a rule anyway in my opinion.

​Yes, I have always agreed with that one.  

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

Board footera