Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/11/2018 1:40 pm  #1

Spring Practice Begins

Hello all, just found out that the Grid Iron Dukes begin Spring ball earlier than usual this year on Wednesday 8pm under the lights.It will be a "shell" session but nontheless looking forward to seeing first hand the FBS transfers in action. Truly came away last year convinced that the Q was Touchdown Tommy after a few spring practice observations and looking forward to watching Brumbaugh Smith and Parr.Hearing alot about the D lineman from Pitt too despite multiple schools.

2/11/2018 7:32 pm  #2

Re: Spring Practice Begins

This year is going to be a big step up in talent, schedule and expectations.

COFFEE
http://duquesnesports.blogspot.com/
Attitude is everything

2/12/2018 2:02 pm  #3

I agree Coffee and brutal 1st 2 games both are FBS and UMass showing improvement last year! I  am glad that we are going to step up and get revenue for the program and hopefully we can hang with them like we did a few years back against Buffalo

2/12/2018 3:01 pm  #4

Yeah I don't really see any downside to playing FBS money games. You get good experience, cash, and the potential for lots of exposure if you win one of the them. ESPN still plays the clips from Ap State's win over Michigan some ten years later. Recruits want to play in these games too.

2/15/2018 8:08 am  #5

Dukes2012 wrote:

Yeah I don't really see any downside to playing FBS money games. You get good experience, cash, and the potential for lots of exposure if you win one of the them. ESPN still plays the clips from Ap State's win over Michigan some ten years later. Recruits want to play in these games too.

There is an increased chance of injury when you go up against programs with a depth (more scholarships) of players who are bigger/faster/stronger. Playing Hawaii/UMass is a bit different in this regards than playing Alabama/Auburn, but you hope the Dukes come out of it relatively unscathed- both physically and mentally.

Unless you beat a blue blood program, you’re not going to see highlights down the road. Liberty’s win over Baylor last season was just a blip on the national scene. The same would apply to the Dukes winning either one of these games.

This article provides an insight into these games:
https://www.si.com/college-football/2017/11/15/fcs-fbs-upsets-underdogs-famu-liberty-mercer

Board footera