Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/29/2018 10:37 am  #26

Re: Red and Blue Crew

Start winning 20 plus a year and get into post season play and the fans will come, students included. Win on TV and folks will show up to get the game experience, atmosphere has to evolve to be real.

A diehard fan since 1961

4/29/2018 10:55 am  #27

CLK wrote:

No offense, but based on past history they should be called "The Ghost Crew" because they are invisible and rarely show up.  What needs to change is the DU pathetic students school spirit not the name.

Of course I agree with this.  Lots of things need to be done.  I suggested a name change and rebranding effort to try to get enthusiasm to grow.  I think changing the seating section would help too (better seats).  It should be easy, but for some reason, Duquesne students lack school pride for athletics.  I don't get it.

"You have to be realistic about these things."  - Logen Ninefingers

4/29/2018 12:33 pm  #28

Agree with you guys but also saw improvement in student attendance  at football games especially that Saturday night game and WV Wesleyan  probably the worst team on home schedule. The kids showed up that night for sure and winning will bring enrhusiasm back!

Last edited by Judge Jack McVay Jr (4/29/2018 12:35 pm)

4/29/2018 8:50 pm  #29

CLK wrote:

No offense, but based on past history they should be called "The Ghost Crew" because they are invisible and rarely show up.  What needs to change is the DU pathetic students school spirit not the name.

wow, good one. not exactly like alumni are breaking down the door to get into games either.

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

4/30/2018 8:14 am  #30

coffee wrote:

Simms wrote:

coffee wrote:

Good Gravy! Let the kids decide what they want to call themselves!

Bluff Riders??? Are you kidding me? "Hey guys, let's join the Bluff Riders!"

Code Red and Red Zone sound much more exciting to be part of than the boring Red and Blue Crew but the students are creative and should own the decision!

Lol, you have to keep in mind that Bluff Riders WAS a student suggestion according to Yak.  Also, it has connections to the DMX song "roughriders" that could be used as a song to pump up the crowd.

That said,  I agree with you.  This should be up to the students, not us.  I was offering suggestions because I wanted to communicate with the leaders of the group (and Meghan) to attempt some change.  

Well, since we are making suggestions...

For their consideration... "THE DANGER ZONE!"

Can you imaging the first guitar lead-in of Danger Zone playing during a time out with the Dukes needing a boost and the students and a full Palumbo rocking along?

that would be pretty damn sweet to get the crowd going, but I'd skip the DU band playing it, and actually use the real song played thru the speaker system, along with a video of some sort to get people up off their asses.  
Or, they could even use that for pregame intros, dim the lights, get a spot light on the player introductions, and as soon as they are over, kick on Danger Zone!  

...and therefore, name the student section the Danger Zone, the Duquesne Danger Zone.  

Last edited by townsonkid (4/30/2018 8:15 am)

4/30/2018 6:04 pm  #31

THAT's What it was missing!,  The DUQUESNE Danger Zone!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yK0P1Bk8Cx4

Last edited by coffee (4/30/2018 6:06 pm)

COFFEE
http://duquesnesports.blogspot.com/
Attitude is everything

5/01/2018 7:34 am  #32

there has got to be some student in the RBC with computer skills enough to make this into a DU intro video instead of Tom Cruise and Val Kilmer....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0AdYtIkmxQ

5/01/2018 2:12 pm  #33

"Iron Dukes" to this day is a proud red n blue  battle cry from way back to the glory and pigskin Dukes.  Could do worse than to fit the RBC with something uniquely Duquesne.  

Last edited by Hilltopper (5/01/2018 2:14 pm)

Board footera