Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/09/2018 5:39 am  #1

Top 120 recruit offered

The @DuqMBB staff gave extended an offer to elite 2020 4-Star prospect @ZedBasketball14 https://t.co/mPrFUFZMaQ https://t.co/gJ7SMNiWU0

8/09/2018 7:19 pm  #2

Re: Top 120 recruit offered

https://pittsburghsportsnow.com/2018/08/08/duquesne-offers-2020-4-star-forward-zed-key/

Only thing he knows about Duquesne is the LeBron connection.

8/13/2018 9:54 am  #3

Ahh Long Island Lutheran.  Used to be a "program" back in my college days and I remember the Dukes supposedly being a "secret, drop your socks" destination for another LI Luth postman named Wayne McKoy back in the day.  Still have some remembrances of the Dapper Dan that year where he looked marvelous - and Clancy outplayed Gene Banks so badly.  Fortunately I never quite saw how the Dukes could seriously compete for the kid, so I wasn't too disappointed.  And although me had a nice career at St John's Wayne never really developed into anything special.

Maybe Key can rekindle some of the fantasies going forward.

8/13/2018 10:13 pm  #4

Lionel Big Train Billingy also went to Long Island Lutheran , became a very good Center for the Dukes and played on some very good teams.  The Train went on to have a long career in pro ball in France!

8/14/2018 8:52 am  #5

levon1975 wrote:

Lionel Big Train Billingy also went to Long Island Lutheran , became a very good Center for the Dukes and played on some very good teams.  The Train went on to have a long career in pro ball in France!

levon, my memory could be slipping, but that doesn’t sound right to me. I thought Lionel went to school in the Bronx.

8/14/2018 12:36 pm  #6

According to Wikipedia--the source of all truth , The Train played at Our Savior Lutheran, Bronx, NY. After Duquesne he played for the Virginia Squires, Allentown Jets, and 6 years in France.

8/14/2018 2:54 pm  #7

Big Train was a "New York guy" so levon wasnt too far off and Phoenix your recall is as sharp as ever! Thanks to all you guys for the updates and research and discussion of a pretty good Dukes big man!Jack

Last edited by Judge Jack McVay Jr (8/14/2018 2:55 pm)

8/14/2018 3:57 pm  #8

I graduated in 1977 and I think the McKoy speculation may have been in part due to when Duquesne had some respect in City basketball, but by then it was really pretty waning\gone.  The last LI Lutheran involvement with Duquesne that I recall was Tobias Harris and his brother, but even that was really tangential at best from what I recall.

Last edited by Purduke (8/14/2018 3:57 pm)

Board footera