Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/22/2018 5:34 pm  #1

2020 Recruiting Looks Upgraded

https://www.prephoops.com/national-2020-rankings/

This is Prep Hoops 2020 newest Top 250. We all know these lists are perception, but they indicate that the kids listed can play.

The Dukes have offered a number of kids on the list. That speaks well of this coaching staffs’ connections and eye for talent. Dukes offers on the list:
#61 Zeb Jackson
#113 Isiah Wardell - local kid
#116 Zed Key
#137 Carlos Johnson
#147 Grant Huffman
#148 John Hugley IV
#156 Dominique Penn
#240 Devontae Blanton
25 To Watch List
David Early

Pretty impressive. This staff is way ahead of the game.

8/23/2018 5:19 am  #2

Re: 2020 Recruiting Looks Upgraded

That’s the kind of talent it will take to move up the ladder to a higher level.  Good to see they are swimming with the big fish!

8/23/2018 9:33 am  #3

that's bold. that would be massive if they can recruit either jackson or warfield to duquesne, but any kid on that list could be game-changing

Last edited by yak-rbc (8/23/2018 12:40 pm)

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

8/23/2018 11:48 am  #4

I am sorry. The young man from Seweckly Academy is ISIAH WARFIELD not Isiah Wardell. His Twitter is wardellwarfield. In my old age, I mixed it up. Apologies.

Warfield is going to be a stud!

8/24/2018 6:26 pm  #5

levon1975 wrote:

That’s the kind of talent it will take to move up the ladder to a higher level. Good to see they are swimming with the big fish!

Got to land some of them though. Kind of the opposite of the Danny Nee approach.

8/24/2018 7:38 pm  #6

Persistence as Dukes probably wont get any of these guys but you keep after it and all it takes is that one
special talent to turn this program around.
Xaiver in the early 80s hired Bob Staak, had struggled for years and Staak brings in Byron Larkin  and Larkin is that special guard who made everyone better,suddenly they are a top 20 team.
Duquesne is doing everything right since hiring Dambrot,its just persisting and having something called good  luck which usually accompanies hard work. Dukes are going to be good again.
When you are Duquesne and you slept. for 40 years-bad luck just became the normal. Who could have ever thought  on March 13,1971 after the dissapointing loss to Penn that the program could ever fail
so miserably for so many years.I was 16 and now I am old still craving basketball glory for the Dukes.
GO BLUFFITES

Board footera