Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/09/2013 10:39 am  #1

Ferry to Hofstra?

Twitter seems to be very interested (Dunlap, Zeise & Vin Parise) that Coach Ferry has been contacted and interviewed by Hofstra for their head coaching position.  

4/09/2013 10:51 am  #2

Re: Ferry to Hofstra?

Cunlap and Parise saying it happened.  Ferry denying it to Zeise.  And giving credit where it is due, I learned of this on the Yuku board.

4/09/2013 11:08 am  #3

Duquesne's Ferry denies interest in Hofstra jobApril 9, 2013 11:58 amShare with others:0
inShare
By Paul Zeise / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/duquesne/duquesnes-ferry-denies-interest-in-hofstra-job-682712/#ixzz2Pz0h2A4Y

4/09/2013 11:11 am  #4

Colon Dunlap has had it in for Duquesne ever since they kicked him off campus.  He like to stir it up, but nobody should ever pay attention to that fool.

4/09/2013 11:22 am  #5

CLK I couldn't agree with you more!!  Dunlap would like nothing better than to make Duquesne look bad.  People please ignore this reporter, he has an axe to grind and likes to profess rumors as fact - especially when they further his agenda, which is to embarrass the Dukes.  Compare his reporting with how Zeise has reported, insightfully I might add, on the Dukes this year.  Paul keep up the good work!

4/09/2013 11:36 am  #6

Dunlap lost or gave up his credentials as a reported (figulartively speaking), I think he considers himself a pundit and believes it is ok to discuss rumors and hearsay.  For example this is the type of comment he deals in: "I heard from multiple sources that Dunlap was fired from the PG becaused he pissed off the wrong people."  Now that is a rumor and also hearsay, but those are the kind of things you see from him.  Now that person could be anyone, like the towel boy for the Pirates.  Pundints don't have the same standards as reporters.

4/09/2013 11:43 am  #7

I am really starting to believe that Dunlap has it out for Duquesne.  

4/09/2013 12:07 pm  #8

I give this "report" no credibility at this point. Makes no sense as a career move for Ferry. Much more concerned about the Winters transfer rumor.

4/09/2013 2:11 pm  #9

duqkurt wrote:

I don't say anything bad about Colin anymore because it's not worth the harassment that ensues.

4/09/2013 2:45 pm  #10

Wait, what about Winters? I sure as hell hope that isn't true. He is arguably our most talented returning player.

4/09/2013 3:42 pm  #11

Where did these winters rumors originate from? This is the first time I've heard anything of the sort. Agreed with el duque, that would be a huge loss. 

4/09/2013 3:58 pm  #12

Duq11 wrote:

Where did these winters rumors originate from? This is the first time I've heard anything of the sort. Agreed with el duque, that would be a huge loss. 

A poster said he was gone on Yuku

Last edited by steve19981 (4/09/2013 3:59 pm)

4/09/2013 4:01 pm  #13

steve19981 wrote:

duqkurt wrote:

I don't say anything bad about Colin anymore because it's not worth the harassment that ensues.

Totally agree with you here.   He goes after people.  It happened to me first hand when I texted politely a fact he had wrong concerning the Steelers.  I was polite.  I got three consecutive texts back from him basically spewing I was a typical yinzer.   He is not professional in the least.  

4/09/2013 4:09 pm  #14

steve19981 wrote:

Duq11 wrote:

Steve, someone you know to be reputable said this?

4/09/2013 4:17 pm  #15

ElDuque wrote:

steve19981 wrote:

Duq11 wrote:

Steve, someone you know to be reputable said this?

I apologize that I'm a little cryptic here, but he does appear to have some inside knowledge of the program.

4/09/2013 9:09 pm  #16

MrBrightside wrote:

CLK I couldn't agree with you more!!  Dunlap would like nothing better than to make Duquesne look bad.  People please ignore this reporter, he has an axe to grind and likes to profess rumors as fact - especially when they further his agenda, which is to embarrass the Dukes.  Compare his reporting with how Zeise has reported, insightfully I might add, on the Dukes this year.  Paul keep up the good work!

OK, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say confidently that Coach Ferry will be coaching at Duquesne next season. Dunlap be damned!  And Coach Suzie McConnell-Serio will be coaching on the Bluff as well.  

4/10/2013 6:11 am  #17

I don't know if Dunlap has any real master plan in life. He's trying to sell a lame radio show with schtick. My recommendation would be don't listen, don't call, don't quote the clown.

I pretty much ignore NY area talk shows these days. They give me Boomer Esaiason and Craig Carton (a Howard Stern wannabe) in the a.m., two boneheads who talk about the Mets during the midday, and Mike Francessa, who is mailing it in these days, during afternoon drive. At night there's a guy named Steve Sommers who is simply unlistenable. I'll tune in if I know Kim Jones is subbing for someone, otherwise I listen to music. ESPN of course is Mike & Mike in the a.m., then a steady drone of monotonous turds like Cowherd, Mike Lupica, Stephen A. Smith and Michael Kay, who always sounds like he's spitting his words.

But I imagine as agonizing as these guys are, Dunlap has to suck the life out of radio.

4/10/2013 7:04 am  #18

ElDuque wrote:

I don't know if Dunlap has any real master plan in life. He's trying to sell a lame radio show with schtick. My recommendation would be don't listen, don't call, don't quote the clown.

I pretty much ignore NY area talk shows these days. They give me Boomer Esaiason and Craig Carton (a Howard Stern wannabe) in the a.m., two boneheads who talk about the Mets during the midday, and Mike Francessa, who is mailing it in these days, during afternoon drive. At night there's a guy named Steve Sommers who is simply unlistenable. I'll tune in if I know Kim Jones is subbing for someone, otherwise I listen to music. ESPN of course is Mike & Mike in the a.m., then a steady drone of monotonous turds like Cowherd, Mike Lupica, Stephen A. Smith and Michael Kay, who always sounds like he's spitting his words.

But I imagine as agonizing as these guys are, Dunlap has to suck the life out of radio.

I don't even have to remind of the stuff that went on on the Voy board.

4/10/2013 12:33 pm  #19

From a very reliable source, for what that's worth to some, Ferry met with the search firm who was conducting the search for Hofstra. They met in a hotel at 9;00 am on Sunday morning in Atlanta. He can say he did not speak to anyone from Hofstra, its just semantics, he spoke to the search firm who is an outside source. Emails with his name on the list of those who were talked too were found.

4/10/2013 3:55 pm  #20

Hofstra hires Niagara Coach Joe Mihalich.  He is an excellent coach who has labored under the radar at Niagara for a long time.  I was always impressed not only with his teams, but in his ability to find and attract pretty good talent to Niagara.

4/10/2013 4:08 pm  #21

Scotch,

Why would he even talk to them?  Just curious if you have any insight.

Thanks.

4/10/2013 4:40 pm  #22

Scotchngars wrote:

From a very reliable source, for what that's worth to some, Ferry met with the search firm who was conducting the search for Hofstra. They met in a hotel at 9;00 am on Sunday morning in Atlanta. He can say he did not speak to anyone from Hofstra, its just semantics, he spoke to the search firm who is an outside source. Emails with his name on the list of those who were talked too were found.

Of course, sometimes a coach will listen, just to see what's out there, but in reality, it would take a home run type of package to get him. Once they determine nothing is going to happen, the coach may make some suggestions as to who they might want to look at.

4/10/2013 5:21 pm  #23

I'm sure everyone here has gotten the same call from a headhunter: Do you know anyone who ... just happens to match your own resume. Richard Pitino parlayed a year at Florida School of Fashion, or whatever it was, plus Daddy's help, into a job at a Big 10 school.

Much as I respect Hofstra and its conference, it's clearly a step down for Ferry. That said ... has he actually moved to Pittsburgh yet?

4/10/2013 9:39 pm  #24

DUMgr wrote:

Scotch,

Thanks.

No insight as to why. IMO I think its a NewYork thing. I don't blame him for talking with them. You always keep your name out there in a positive manner, don't burn any bridges. If you snubbed them now you may not be given a call later on in a career.

4/10/2013 11:14 pm  #25

Scotchngars wrote:

DUMgr wrote:

Scotch,

Thanks.

No insight as to why. IMO I think its a NewYork thing. I don't blame him for talking with them. You always keep your name out there in a positive manner, don't burn any bridges. If you snubbed them now you may not be given a call later on in a career.

Bingo! The AD at Hofstra today, may be the AD at an ACC school in 10 years. Never hurts to make a connection. The probably didn't expect for him to jump, but it's a chance to pick the brain of someone who had success in that geographic area. They might ask him what he thinks of their program, and what they need to do to be successful.

Board footera