Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/12/2018 11:53 pm  #51

Re: Game Thread - University of Illinois at Chicago Flames

Brian, good call on the Jack Gibbs comparison.

11/13/2018 12:02 am  #52

Difference in the game is that the Dukes were able to force 20 turnovers vs the Dukes 13 AND out rebounded them 41-37. This resulted in the Dukes having 14 more FG attempts helping offset UIC’s superior shooting. Gutsy win.

11/13/2018 12:15 am  #53

We had 'em all the way!  The game was never in doubt.  When we cut the lead to 10 late in the game I told my friends we were heading to overtime.  Let's go Dukes!

11/13/2018 12:17 am  #54

I was also thinking about leaving with 4 minutes to go. Won't make that mistake again. Coach D on the post game show. It's going to be tough giving everyone enough PT to keep them happy and keep the development going and also, by the way, winning. He'll figure it out.

WE ARE CREEPING UP TO THE SECOND FLOOR....

11/13/2018 7:33 am  #55

Who was more upset by last nights result, UIC or Ritter?

11/13/2018 7:33 am  #56

Good thing Carry forgot he is a pass first pointguard.

11/13/2018 9:00 am  #57

I've really enjoyed the atmosphere at the Palumbo Center these first two games.  The crowds have been into it and I think the players are feeding off it well. 

I had a hunch at halftime we could make a comeback.  These kids refuse to quit and are so much fun to watch.  I'm trying not to get too excited too quick, but this could be a special year if they keep playing like this. 

11/13/2018 9:03 am  #58

There are some good articles over on a10talk.

11/13/2018 9:39 am  #59

Not sure why Lewis is getting limited time, maybe KD doesnt want to burn him out before conference play, and he also needs to see what he has in the younger guys, but, when out there, Lewis is playing tough defense.  They all had some lapses last night, but as a group, I thought out guard play was pretty good.  UIC was quick, you could see in warmups they had some athletes.  I am not sure we'll see that kind of team in A10.

11/13/2018 10:39 am  #60

Lewis is playing hard, but his defense still needs improved.  In addition, for MOST of the game he didn’t have any points.  I know, when he scored in the latter half of the 2nd half it was needed, but again, until then, he didn’t contribute much when he was in there.

Hmm...remember when DU played 5 guys then had 5 guys replace them and come in.  RE days.  Have been seeing 4 replace 4 and keeping in Carry.

11/13/2018 10:54 am  #61

townsonkid wrote:

Not sure why Lewis is getting limited time, maybe KD doesnt want to burn him out before conference play, and he also needs to see what he has in the younger guys, but, when out there, Lewis is playing tough defense.  They all had some lapses last night, but as a group, I thought out guard play was pretty good.  UIC was quick, you could see in warmups they had some athletes.  I am not sure we'll see that kind of team in A10.

Agreed.  I'm all for developing our guys(you have to).  But TDM and Wade played 26M(combined) and none were in OT.  Lewis played 19, not including OT.  With his experience, I'd like to see this bumped up by 5 or so.  I think he can handle it without the risk of getting burned out.  TDM is a boom or bust player.  Wade is more steady but he is nowhere near as good as Lewis.  It definitely is a delicate balance.  But, Lewis should be up around 24Min and not 19Min.  Just my opinion. 

11/13/2018 11:00 am  #62

Lewis is a known commodity. Let’s not forget Lamar Norman Jr. What a great game he played both offensively and defensively. The Dukes are freshmen and sophomores with plenty of talent.  I liked that Kellon Taylor was involved as the chief cheerleader down the stretch. Not going to get too high yet, but the growth potential for this team is unreal!

11/13/2018 11:30 am  #63

Question: Why aren’t the Coaches’ post game press conferences shown on the Go Dukes Official Website? I thought they added a lot to the game experience. Dambrot and Burt are refreshingly forthright. C’mon, SID, this is a good thing to have!

11/13/2018 11:58 am  #64

=13pxRitter wrote: =13pxWhat a garbage show. They should have beat this team by 20.

-----------

Um, it's the second game of a season with almost an entirely new (and young) roster. What did you expect? The team won the game, came back from double digits in the second half. There's a lot of basketball to be played, not only this year but for the next four years, with this group. Get a grip.

11/13/2018 12:15 pm  #65

Crosseye wrote:

=13pxRitter wrote: =13pxWhat a garbage show. They should have beat this team by 20.

-----------

Um, it's the second game of a season with almost an entirely new (and young) roster. What did you expect? The team won the game, came back from double digits in the second half. There's a lot of basketball to be played, not only this year but for the next four years, with this group. Get a grip.

Don't let the troll get you worked up.

11/13/2018 12:19 pm  #66

Crosseye wrote:

-----------

Not sure if you are new here or not Cross, but Ritter's is our resident Statler and Waldorf.  Just roll with the punches when he posts. 

Web, I have to agree with Lewis.  TDM was absolutely frozen last night.  He fired up some I'll advised shots and made none of them.  He plays tough defense and has a good handle, but Lewis should definitely be playing instead of him.  Even his sniping ability alone makes him invaluable.

"You have to be realistic about these things."  - Logen Ninefingers

11/13/2018 12:27 pm  #67

Not new to the board. New to posting to the board. But have been reading it forever. I usually don't react, though. So I'm not a troll, if that was insinuation. But when you have someone calling last night's game garbage and predicting a 20-point win, it's a little hard to read. Who says stuff like that if they have any idea what is going on in Division I basketball today? Take a look at the Atlantic 10 scores so far. The league is getting killed. Duquesne is 2-0 against two teams from leagues that certainly aren't traditionally at the bottom of the RPI. And they've done it with a team that's never played together. So, yes, there is a lot of basketball to be played. Come back with the garbage line in a year or so.

11/13/2018 12:28 pm  #68

Lewis did get most of his run in the 2nd half and OT, so maybe KD realized it was time to get serious.  Like I said before, he's a good defender, but those guys from UIC were quick and didnt give him many looks.  Its all good.

Last edited by townsonkid (11/13/2018 12:28 pm)

11/13/2018 12:32 pm  #69

rittersdiner wrote:

What a garbage show. They should have beat this team by 20.

Some see the glass half full. Some see it half empty.

You, sir, need glasses.

11/13/2018 12:35 pm  #70

11/13/2018 12:37 pm  #71

Crosseye wrote:

Not new to the board. New to posting to the board. But have been reading it forever. I usually don't react, though. So I'm not a troll, if that was insinuation. But when you have someone calling last night's game garbage and predicting a 20-point win, it's a little hard to read. Who says stuff like that if they have any idea what is going on in Division I basketball today? Take a look at the Atlantic 10 scores so far. The league is getting killed. Duquesne is 2-0 against two teams from leagues that certainly aren't traditionally at the bottom of the RPI. And they've done it with a team that's never played together. So, yes, there is a lot of basketball to be played. Come back with the garbage line in a year or so.

The reference was to the person to whom you were responding. Gloomy Gus there would be despondent if Sofia Vergara walked into his diner with a suitcase full of $100 bills and announced that she and the money were his for the taking. He'd Complain about the color of the suitcase.

11/13/2018 12:59 pm  #72

Crosseye wrote:

duq81 was referring to ritters as the troll, not you cross.

11/13/2018 1:10 pm  #73

indygjm wrote:

I listened to Carry on the post-game.  He seems like a really humble person.  Physically, though, he looks like the oldest freshman in the country.  He looks like he played in the NBA for 10 years....  

Are the crazy Bonaventure fans accusing us of playing a ringer yet? ;-)

11/13/2018 1:51 pm  #74

HookShot wrote:

Question: Why aren’t the Coaches’ post game press conferences shown on the Go Dukes Official Website? I thought they added a lot to the game experience. Dambrot and Burt are refreshingly forthright. C’mon, SID, this is a good thing to have!

They are on the Facebook page, but aren't posted on the game recap on the website anymore. Worth the time to watch them - https://www.facebook.com/pg/GoDuquesne/videos/

11/13/2018 2:05 pm  #75

DennisC91 wrote:

indygjm wrote:

I listened to Carry on the post-game.  He seems like a really humble person.  Physically, though, he looks like the oldest freshman in the country.  He looks like he played in the NBA for 10 years....  

Are the crazy Bonaventure fans accusing us of playing a ringer yet? ;-)

A few of them are so crazy and delusional that it almost seems like sarcasm, but, alas, it is not sarcasm.

Board footera