Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

UPCOMING GAMES:
NCAA Round 1 vs. BYU in Nebraska
12:40 Tip Off

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/13/2018 3:10 pm  #1

Institutional Master Plan

If you go to the Duquesne University web site and search for the new "Institutional Master Plan" you will be taken to a page where you can access renderings of some of the proposed construction projects including a few concerning Rooney Field.

11/13/2018 6:49 pm  #2

Re: Institutional Master Plan

Thanks for sharing A64! I am excited about Rooney changes and all the renovations in the Masterplan.

11/13/2018 7:22 pm  #3

I took a look at the renderings but it really doesn't look like the new seating or viewing deck increases capacity by much at all.  😟

COFFEE
http://duquesnesports.blogspot.com/
Attitude is everything

11/13/2018 10:37 pm  #4

Thanks Coffee and I don't know how much capacity can actually be added and I generally agree with you that hopefully we are close to outgrowing Rooney as our home field anyway.  Will try to follow up on the new capacity

11/14/2018 3:38 pm  #5

I think the looks of the field certainly improve with the permanent wall, the nice entrance from A walk, and the viewing from the visitor locker room.  I am saddened by the lack of capacity increase.  Perhaps that isn't possible, or maybe they plan on increasing it in the future?  I'm not too sure.  I sway back and forth on whether we should stay on campus or use Highmark.  I tend to think that Rooney is the better answer to keep attendance decent.

"You have to be realistic about these things."  - Logen Ninefingers

11/14/2018 6:57 pm  #6

That's what I am wondering Simms... is the capacity to increase seating viable given engineering and safety concerns etc. I don't know the answer to that question but I am hoping that Highmark becomes a consideration for at least the Robert Morris game. Perhaps St Francis too and again I would like to see those games played Saturday night and the travel wouldn't be a factor for the visitors as with other NEC teams thanks to all of you for the posts

11/14/2018 9:32 pm  #7

The university may think that if we don't fill the present seats, a bigger field would be bad... a bigger more collegiate field will attract more butts in the seats!

If you build it, they will come!

COFFEE
http://duquesnesports.blogspot.com/
Attitude is everything

11/27/2018 10:05 am  #8

I took advantage of the "feedback" section listed on the Institutional Master Plan web page to inquire about seating plans for the Rooney Field renovation. I received the following in response:  "The project is in the conceptual design phase; however, the plan is to replace the north side concrete step seating with new bleachers. a new field border wall, new fences and entry gates to define the field perimeter. Seating capacity will be determined as we work through the design."

Board footera