Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/20/2018 8:43 am  #1

School colors and uniforms

Our school colors have been red, white and blue forever. This is not Nike or LeBrons team, this is Duquesnes team.  I don't care how many different uniforms the team wears, but they should all be comprised of the university colors. It's not like our uniforms are going to be bought and worn by fans across the country, heck we can't even get people to come to the games. I think the only school nationwide that occasionally does not wear their school colors, is Notre Dame. ND wearing their green uniform at least relates to their mascot. I understand our city is black and gold, and the Penguins changed the color of their uniforms a few years back, but I do not believe Duquesne will ever change their colors, so let's stop with this nonsense.

12/20/2018 8:51 am  #2

Re: School colors and uniforms

Disagree. I like them once or twice a year. We got tons of compliments on Twitter. Lots of teams in the NBA and European soccer have alternate jerseys that are different than their normal colors. Plus, recruits appreciate things like this.

12/20/2018 9:38 am  #3

Skiddyball here! 
This will probably be an unpopular opinion, but I not only like the new black uniforms, I'd like to see the uniforms/color scheme changed permanently when we move into the Cooper Field House. It would look like a fresh new start of something big. Just sayin'.

12/20/2018 1:53 pm  #4

CGJIM wrote:

Skiddyball here! 
This will probably be an unpopular opinion, but I not only like the new black uniforms, I'd like to see the uniforms/color scheme changed permanently when we move into the Cooper Field House. It would look like a fresh new start of something big. Just sayin'.

No argument here and all championships during past 50 glorious years in Red n Blue?

12/20/2018 1:55 pm  #5

CGJIM wrote:

Skiddyball here! 

No argument here and all championships during past 50 glorious years in Red n Blue?

12/20/2018 2:52 pm  #6

Good luck with that one. One thing the University has going for it are beautiful red, white and blue uniforms.  Going to black and gold isnt going to make them a winner

12/20/2018 3:46 pm  #7

I like the black uniforms but dear lord, I do not want to ditch Red and Blue.

"You have to be realistic about these things."  - Logen Ninefingers

Board footera