Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/08/2019 1:01 pm  #1

Tuesday Practice

Hey folks, I was at practice today and I figured I'd throw up a post here to see if anyone had anything they wanted to know about how things are going with the Dukes.

1/08/2019 1:09 pm  #2

Re: Tuesday Practice

Hey Alan,

How about 5 takeaways from today’s practice as it relates to the Fordham game or the rest of the A10 schedule?

1/08/2019 1:29 pm  #3

Well, my top takeaway, which I'm writing about for PSN today, is that I think the Dukes need some of their younger guys to step up as leaders.

Other than that, the Dukes spent a lot of time preparing for Fordham's unique defense. They've been playing a 3-man/tandem zone combination that has been working for them and puts a lot of stress on the four spot to be a distributor.

The young bigs still all look like young bigs, which is to say, inconsistent. Always takes times with bigger guys.

Mike Hughes is still not totally healthy. Fighting through it and you can tell. Keith said he may limit his minutes vs. Fordham.

Keith was hoarse, but it was a lot of instructing, not a lot of yelling. Fairly positive message to the team at the end. Focused on things like mental discipline.

Duques102 wrote:

Hey Alan,

How about 5 takeaways from today’s practice as it relates to the Fordham game or the rest of the A10 schedule?

1/08/2019 1:37 pm  #4

Alan, thanks, do you think we will be seeing more of Lamar Norman against Fordham? 

1/08/2019 2:06 pm  #5

Alan - any insights on the impact of M Lewis leaving has had on the team?  Chemistry? Expectations on PT? Practice?  Or no impact.

1/08/2019 2:28 pm  #6

Thanks Alan.

When you are around the facility & practice do you see James Ellis? Any insights on how he is doing?

1/08/2019 2:50 pm  #7

It's possible, but he was not practicing with the top group. Frankie Hughes was in at the 2 spot. Rotroff was the only sub the rotated in with the top group.

CLK wrote:

Alan, thanks, do you think we will be seeing more of Lamar Norman against Fordham? 

1/08/2019 2:52 pm  #8

I think the two big things it will do is open up some playing time for Wade and Norman, but it also takes away a been-there, done-that guy that could really help a young team in tight games, especially with Mike Hughes banged up. Puts a lot of pressure on Williams & Carry. 

Box & One wrote:

Alan - any insights on the impact of M Lewis leaving has had on the team? Chemistry? Expectations on PT? Practice? Or no impact.

1/08/2019 2:53 pm  #9

He's always around. I've seen him take a million free throws. Lol. He's usually smiling, seems very engaged and brings some good energy to the group when everyone else is worn down from practice. Obviously, it's impossible to make any kind of projection without seeing him go live against other players.

phil95 wrote:

Thanks Alan.

When you are around the facility & practice do you see James Ellis? Any insights on how he is doing?

1/08/2019 3:16 pm  #10

Thanks, Alan.
As a reminder to board members, here's a link to the PIttsburgh Sports Now site:  https://pittsburghsportsnow.com/duquesne-basketball/
And I know that they would certainly welcome your subscription as a Die-Hard. ; supporting the coverage that we receive from Alan, Zac and Mike V.

1/09/2019 12:12 pm  #11

The Tribune-Review posts a few interesting entries today in case anyone missed it. Just when you think the papers have forgotten .... there's a podcast and an article that also mentions the exploits of the Dukes football team on there.

https://triblive.com/sports/college/duquesne/

1/09/2019 1:26 pm  #12

Thanks for sharing Cosseye and interesting to read Coach D comments on KT along with bonus football recognition for top 25 ranking in FCS. I think KT provides best rebounding and defensive option at forward but recognize his offensive limitations.  Apparently Coach likes his leadership too!

Board footera