Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/13/2019 2:55 pm  #51

Re: Game Thread - Saint Joseph's Hawks

SteelCityVoice wrote:

Simms wrote:

Great atmosphere! I thought the PA announcer did a great job getting the fans excited. Has he asked the crowd to get rowdy in the past? I loved it!

Simms,

I've been starting to push the envelope a bit on the PA this year since so many other schools do it now.  I don't want to overdo it too much but today's game seemed to call for it in some spots and I think the crowd responded very well to it.  

The NCAA doesn't want us cheerleading too much on the mic, at least that's what I've been told in the past.  

LOVED the atmosphere today guys.  Keep it coming!

You're a fabulous PA announcer.  I've enjoyed your work for the Power and now Duquesne.  Glad they are letting you do more to amp up the crowd.  

1/13/2019 8:04 pm  #52

SteelCityVoice wrote:

Simms wrote:

Great atmosphere! I thought the PA announcer did a great job getting the fans excited. Has he asked the crowd to get rowdy in the past? I loved it!

Simms,

I've been starting to push the envelope a bit on the PA this year since so many other schools do it now.  I don't want to overdo it too much but today's game seemed to call for it in some spots and I think the crowd responded very well to it.  

The NCAA doesn't want us cheerleading too much on the mic, at least that's what I've been told in the past.  

I thought it was exactly what was needed at the right times.  It was not negative to the Hawks... just served to unite the crowd and amp up the game atmosphere.  GREAT JOB!

COFFEE
http://duquesnesports.blogspot.com/
Attitude is everything

1/13/2019 9:52 pm  #53

JakeTheSnake wrote:

SteelCityVoice wrote:

Simms wrote:

Simms,

You're a fabulous PA announcer.  I've enjoyed your work for the Power and now Duquesne.  Glad they are letting you do more to amp up the crowd.  

Someone mentioned the Power 😍⚡

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

1/14/2019 1:49 pm  #54

Bring back the Power!  Of course that's a topic for another board. 

1/18/2019 8:15 pm  #55

7 minutes into the 2nd half at St.Louis and Hawks down 1. Charlie Brown has not made a basket yet.

1/18/2019 8:32 pm  #56

In 6 minutes the lead just went from 1 to 24. Still no buckets for Brown.

1/18/2019 9:12 pm  #57

Dick move by St. Louis guard at end of game. St. Joes standing around for St. L to dribble out last 10 seconds and guy goes to hole. St. Joe player fouls him fairly hard. Should of drove him into the bleachers.

1/18/2019 10:30 pm  #58

Looks like the St. Louis guard was trying to pad his stats!!   The whole Atlantic 10 League needs to remember that...   

St. Louis looked poor on foul shooting...  

1/18/2019 10:56 pm  #59

That guard was Tramaine Isabell, a grad transfer, so this is the only year we will see him.  Weird he would do that.

Board footera