Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/17/2019 11:04 pm  #101

Re: Game Thread - Richmond Spiders

WashPaRick wrote:

Weathers FT% trending in the right direction. It's gone from 40% to 53%. His form looks decent to me so I would expect it to continue to rise.

Free throw shooting overall has been very much improved this year. Guys have mostly hit the key free throws that would have had us on edge the last few years, especially down the stretch in some tight games.

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

1/17/2019 11:50 pm  #102

WashPaRick wrote:

Weathers FT% trending in the right direction. It's gone from 40% to 53%. His form looks decent to me so I would expect it to continue to rise.

I see Weather's twin got kicked out of Oklahoma St. after getting in trouble again. Before anyone even suggests it, HELL NO, I don't want him here.

1/18/2019 8:02 am  #103

duq81 wrote:

WashPaRick wrote:

I see Weather's twin got kicked out of Oklahoma St. after getting in trouble again. Before anyone even suggests it, HELL NO, I don't want him here.

Did Michael Weathers get in trouble a previous time? If not, I wouldn’t be surprised if there is a reunion.

Update: I just saw he was arrested for stealing a wallet in September.

Last edited by Dukes2012 (1/18/2019 8:14 am)

1/18/2019 8:20 am  #104

Dukes2012 wrote:

duq81 wrote:

WashPaRick wrote:

Did Michael Weathers get in trouble a previous time? If not, I wouldn’t be surprised if there is a reunion.

Yes...this is the second issue at OK State.  No need to dwell on it out of respect for Marcus...and Micheal does not play here.  That said...Micheal is the better athlete and an electric PG.  There is no way he comes here to play behind Carry.  Also....Marcus was always in his brothers shadow and I think he is enjoying his time here on his own.  Maybe Micheal needs the steady guidance of Marcus as I understand they are from a good family and were never in any trouble...Micheal's troubles seem to begin when attending OK State without Marcus.  If he can play right away then he will probably go to another D1 school otherwise I suspect he will go to a D2 school to play right away.  Like Marcus...he has already sat out one year after transferring from Miami.

1/18/2019 8:29 am  #105

WashPaRick wrote:

You are referring to the average for the year and that will indeed continue to improve. 
His last 4 games are:
3/4
3/5
3/4
4/4
I think he is 76.5 % now and I don't expect that to improve much.

I am not sure how much improvement he is expected to make before he becomes an adequate back-up here (based on what some posters believe...not you) but I believe he is an integral part of the team and a good kid.

1/18/2019 11:06 am  #106

PistolPete wrote:

Great win!!  I personally relish beating Richmond as their center (Caveman) is a major D bag.  He tried to punk us last year as I recall and we are not taking any of his crap.  Let other teams continue to disrespect us, we'll see how that turns out.  Richmond fans think they are Gonzaga, yeah, on opposites day.  If we play just average in the first 8 minutes we have a 10 point lead.  SC is clearly our most consistent and arguably most irreplaceable player (if not him then MH).  Mike Hughes is a close second and has fire and talent, he just needs to stay healthy.  They are 1 and 1 a. in my book.  Frankie is coming on, is fearless and can get off his shot given his size - I like his game - he just needs to watch some of his lazy passes.  EW is a mystery this year, the lack of any consistency is very troubling.  He was costing us last night and KD was right to keep him on the bench at crunch time.  I hope he snaps out of it, but to be considered your team's best player (see my sentiments above) you need to be fairly consistent and certainly cannot be a liability.  It is scary to watch EW if his shot is not falling as his handle when going to the hoop is very suspect and he really doesn't have the smooth look of an effective driver.  No matter, a great win over an arrogant opponent - I love it!  GO DUKES.

Great point Pistol Pete but you know everyone on this board would love to have Golden on the Duquesne roster. Remember how the Nelson twins would brutalize opponents in the paint. Which gets to my point. Austin Rotroff clearly struggled against Cojo of Richmond that was much quicker to the basket. Instead of hard fouls Bill Laimbeer style what was Cojo going to shot 60% on foul line. Why back off if your beat. Austin will be very good but adopting Nelson twins or Laimbeer style of play brings intimidation to the young Dukes. If he fouls out as a young freshman coach has backups. Does anyone in the NCAA shoot 100% on the foul line.Remember Richmond’s star guard missed at crunch time. One missed foul shot can determine the final. Finally kudos to Marcus Weathers for his hard work improving his foul shots. I would love this team to become the “ Bad Boys” of the A 10. 

1/18/2019 11:58 am  #107

KenOTR73 wrote:

It is my experience that Richmond fans are the absolute worst of anyone we play. And that includes Pitt.

Pitt fans are simply arrogant a-holes. Their programs live on tax money, which gives them a financial advantage we'll never have. They were born on 3B and think they've hit a triple.

1/18/2019 2:35 pm  #108

Dsnyder15 wrote:

WashPaRick wrote:

You are referring to the average for the year and that will indeed continue to improve. 
His last 4 games are:
3/4
3/5
3/4
4/4
I think he is 76.5 % now and I don't expect that to improve much.

I am not sure how much improvement he is expected to make before he becomes an adequate back-up here (based on what some posters believe...not you) but I believe he is an integral part of the team and a good kid.

I love the fact you keep harping on this. I think I was a disbeliever in Marcus for a while but he might be the most improved Dukes over the course of the last month or so. Very consistent in A10 play so far

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

Board footera