Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/20/2019 6:30 pm  #1

Sellout SLU on Wednesday

Keith just asked for a sellout against St. Louis on Wednesday.  I'll be there. All you guys who are local and attend occasionally please come out and help give the team a real home court advantage that can help with a win!

1/20/2019 6:52 pm  #2

Re: Sellout SLU on Wednesday

Someone better notify the ticket office and hire some people to work the ticket booths and ticket lines to enter the arena.

1/20/2019 6:55 pm  #3

I'll be there from Altoona!

"You have to be realistic about these things."  - Logen Ninefingers

1/20/2019 7:00 pm  #4

Coming in from Vermilion Ohio!

1/20/2019 7:00 pm  #5

I will be there.
This is fun. The kids on the  team and coaching staff need to see a huge crowd.
I hope the ticket office folks are prepared!

"Facts are stubborn things."
                                 John Adams

1/20/2019 7:05 pm  #6

I'm happy to see him making that call and hope it will be answered, although I can't make it across the state on a Wednesday. This is a big game, playing for first place in the conference. The Billikins have always been the outcast in our conference, and we've done pretty well against them at home. 7-5 overall, four of the wins by double digits, four wins in a row. This is the point in the season, we've started to struggle recently, and that has to change. We're at 13-5, only the fifth time in the last 47 seasons we've started this well. The previous four featured wins in the 18th game to get to exactly 13-5; but in three of the other four we lost the 19th game, and we went 17-26 combined the rest of the four seasons including zero finishes of even .500.

1/20/2019 7:13 pm  #7

Harper needs to get KD on wdve on mon or tuesday morning.  Screw 93.7   Or on with Stan Savran    Get some PR hype.

With SLU, VCU and URI at home 3 in a row, this could skyrocket the program.   Obviously one at a time, but u cant get better names in our bldg.

Last edited by townsonkid (1/20/2019 7:25 pm)

1/20/2019 7:53 pm  #8

WEB wrote:

Someone better notify the ticket office and hire some people to work the ticket booths and ticket lines to enter the arena.

Chatter starting.  Build up happening.   Will they listen?   I’m walking up on Wednesday and I’m hope someone reads this.

1/20/2019 8:22 pm  #9

kcc173 wrote:

Coming in from Vermilion Ohio!

I may come if the weather is good.  Vermilion beats me...I will be coming from Granville Ohio (just outside Columbus).  If not Wednesday....then in Dayton (much closer)

1/20/2019 8:30 pm  #10

DSnyder15 and I have to be there to root on all those Ohio kids.

1/20/2019 9:24 pm  #11

I'll be there with some friends,  Can't wait!

1/20/2019 9:50 pm  #12

I will be out of town starting on Tuesday and can't use my tickets. Call me, 412 445-3322, 

1/20/2019 10:46 pm  #13

how many tix you have?

1/21/2019 3:46 am  #14

Two. Very good seats. Not looking for compensation. Heading out Tuesday morning so we would need to exchange today. 

1/21/2019 8:14 am  #15

St. Louis does not shoot free throws well. 58% as a team. One guy in in the thirtys and some more in the 50s 's. I wouldn't be against having Kelly and Rotroff hacking them up if they get it down low. Just gotta make sure you hack them before they get a shot off. I'd see how the games going and if these guys start putting it in the hole I'd hack em up. Kelly gonna gonna use his 5 anyway so might as well use em on a bad FT shooter.

1/21/2019 9:22 am  #16

Can't go but have already found takers for my tickets.  I used to offer them up on a regular basis at no cost but it got to the point where no one was interested.  I have 2 season tickets but can't always go due to work.  But I continue to buy them as another way to support the Dukes.   Part of the problem too is that it is more difficult to transfer tickets now that they have taken away the electronic ticket option (bring that back). 

1/21/2019 3:44 pm  #17

Not saying anything you don’t know here, but ...gonna say it anyway...No matter how many people are there Wednesday night, need to win to bring them back!  I don’t think Pitt bball, Robert Morris bball or the Pens are at home Wednesday night.  That should also help attendance.

St. Louis colors are white and blue.  Ours are red and blue.  Not going to be embarrassed by a “red out” if we don’t “sell out” but for those that are going, Let’s all try to wear red!!!!!!!!!

1/21/2019 3:53 pm  #18

FAM wrote:

Let’s all try to wear red!!!!!!!!!

At the request of Keith Dambrot I wear red to every game.

1/21/2019 7:54 pm  #19

VBC wrote:

FAM wrote:

Might be better to do a blue-out when Dayton comes.

1/22/2019 7:56 am  #20

duq81 wrote:

VBC wrote:

FAM wrote:

I've always thought white was the best color, like a Penn St football game, plus our guys can blend in and get a few extra steals.  

1/22/2019 5:39 pm  #21

townsonkid wrote:

duq81 wrote:

VBC wrote:

I've always thought white was the best color, like a Penn St football game, plus our guys can blend in and get a few extra steals.  

White isn't one of our colors though. Blue is just as important as red, and should never take a back seat. We've worn both colors throughout the years.

1/22/2019 6:34 pm  #22

So Duquesne is getting serious.  Check out this promotion. Go Dukes!

1/22/2019 6:48 pm  #23

Think our guys are getting excited?

https://twitter.com/DuqMBB/status/1087855508722192385

1/23/2019 12:34 am  #24

Random observation, but the above photo of TDM is reminding me of this. I was visiting my parents over the weekend and watched the Dukes game with them. Though they went to Villanova and St. Joe's respectively, they've suffered a little with me over the years watching the Dukes. I was hoping to show them how improved we are this year. Their main reaction: What's with the uniforms? They thought they looked cheap and flimsy. Even thought the shorts were too short. Gotta admit, they have a point. The uniforms do appear to be made of a very thin, flimsy material. They look more like practice jerseys and shorts than something that would be worn in actual games. I kind of remember similar feedback on this board when the new Nike uniforms were revealed with others saying they were just a prototype and not necessarily what the team would wear on game days. I know, I know, how they play is more important than how they look, but as we return to national prominence, I think we could stand a bit of an upgrade in the uniform department. I think the red ones look worst of all. For comparison's sake, here's the uniforms they wore three years ago:

1/23/2019 8:47 am  #25

DennisC91 wrote:

Random observation, but the above photo of TDM is reminding me of this. I was visiting my parents over the weekend and watched the Dukes game with them. Though they went to Villanova and St. Joe's respectively, they've suffered a little with me over the years watching the Dukes. I was hoping to show them how improved we are this year. Their main reaction: What's with the uniforms? They thought they looked cheap and flimsy. Even thought the shorts were too short. Gotta admit, they have a point. The uniforms do appear to be made of a very thin, flimsy material. They look more like practice jerseys and shorts than something that would be worn in actual games. I kind of remember similar feedback on this board when the new Nike uniforms were revealed with others saying they were just a prototype and not necessarily what the team would wear on game days. I know, I know, how they play is more important than how they look, but as we return to national prominence, I think we could stand a bit of an upgrade in the uniform department. I think the red ones look worst of all. For comparison's sake, here's the uniforms they wore three years ago:

Duquesne and Ohio State (maybe Akron still) are the only teams in the country with a special Nike deal.  Nike supplies the uniforms (correct me if I am wrong).  I would be surprised if they were not high quality. Personally...I like the above the knee shorts better than the new look that appear to be pants that are to short.  ;-)   Just my opinion though....no longer shared by young kids.

Board footera