Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/06/2019 9:15 pm  #26

Re: Game Thread - Saint Louis Billikens (A)

SLU getting some major home cooking. Refs not calling anything around the basket for Duquesne.

Last edited by Dukes2012 (3/06/2019 9:15 pm)

3/06/2019 9:16 pm  #27

Two more bunnies missed.  

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

3/06/2019 9:25 pm  #28

TDM is having a really really rough night.

"You have to be realistic about these things."  - Logen Ninefingers

3/06/2019 9:30 pm  #29

Eric Williams is keeping us in the game.  

"You have to be realistic about these things."  - Logen Ninefingers

3/06/2019 9:31 pm  #30

Cant play worse in the next 11 minutes.   The first 9 this half are the typical Dukes poops.

3/06/2019 9:31 pm  #31

applecorps wrote:

Home crowd officiating is a big hurt here too.

Well they just sort of evened that up with three fouls on SLU in about eight seconds. Of course Dukes can't capitalize!

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

3/06/2019 9:33 pm  #32

This one got ugly. Up 34-28 with the ball and some momentum with 30 seconds to go in the first half and you turn it over. Been downhill since. Ebb and flow. Counted at least 12 missed layups. My YMCA six year olds don't miss that many.

3/06/2019 9:36 pm  #33

I am officially renaming Bizzaau "Roberto Duran"

And I posted that before the ball bounced off his hand twice on the same SL possesion!

Last edited by Tejas_Duke (3/06/2019 9:38 pm)

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

3/06/2019 9:37 pm  #34

Somebody is going to need to lose their redshirt. Without any frontcourt depth we are one and done in the tourney.

3/06/2019 9:42 pm  #35

Had a chance to foul out French and didnt go after him.  Hughes had him posted.

3/06/2019 9:51 pm  #36

Back to back games allowing 20 offensive rebounds. How's it that even possible

3/06/2019 9:53 pm  #37

Rayrich wrote:

Back to back games allowing 20 offensive rebounds. How's it that even possible

Kelly hurt early in the first half and Hughes in foul trouble

3/06/2019 9:54 pm  #38

applecorps wrote:

Home crowd officiating is a big hurt here too.

Yep 🙄

COFFEE
http://duquesnesports.blogspot.com/
Attitude is everything

3/06/2019 10:02 pm  #39

EW finding it is a good sign at this point, regardless of the the outcome in this game.

3/06/2019 10:02 pm  #40

What a wasted effort by EW. Lights out tonight.

3/06/2019 10:11 pm  #41

I hope Ellis and Swingle are ready next year and Kelly is able to play with Rotroff  This rebounding disaster cant continue.  Our guards and shooters are good enough to win 25 games.   
Glad Williams contested Isabell’s last shot.   
Their players looked about 28 years old.

Here’s a hint ffor saturday.  Watch out for Obi Toppin!!!

3/06/2019 10:38 pm  #42

If it takes SLU 39 free throws to our 15, Kelly getting hurt early in the first half, M Hughes picking up his 4th foul less than 6 minutes into the second half, and their point guard having the game of his life against us to beat us then so be it...on to the next one.

I will say, however, I do not worry about playing them in tourney time. They are a below average basketball team that just plays “bully ball.”  Officiating will not be that lopsided on a neutral floor in the A10 tournament. Bring on whoever, I like our odds!

3/06/2019 10:44 pm  #43

Rayrich wrote:

Somebody is going to need to lose their redshirt. Without any frontcourt depth we are one and done in the tourney.

You don't burn a redshirt for this. The team has had a nice season, but we're not going anywhere. If Swingle was ready to help. he'd be playing. He might be a monster in 3 years. It would be idiotic to throw that year away.

3/06/2019 10:57 pm  #44

Did I miss some detailed info on Kelly's injury?

3/06/2019 11:32 pm  #45

duq81 wrote:

Rayrich wrote:

You don't burn a redshirt for this. The team has had a nice season, but we're not going anywhere. If Swingle was ready to help. he'd be playing. He might be a monster in 3 years. It would be idiotic to throw that year away.

Agreed, this has been a great stepping stone year, much improvement, a better record. Even if they are one and done in the A 10 tourney, progress has been made.  You don't waste a year for that.

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

3/07/2019 7:54 am  #46

No, you dont burn a RS for what could be 2 more games, maybe 3.  That juice aint worth the squeeze.  
Get Taylor back in the rota if need be.
Kelly was back on the bench last night, obviously didnt play.  I figure they will want to get him a MRI today here in Pittsburgh.  Hopefully it was just an awkward landing, maybe a sprain or strained ligament.
There is a quick article in the Trib regarding the injury, but no mention of the extent.  

Last edited by townsonkid (3/07/2019 8:06 am)

3/07/2019 8:41 am  #47

Agree we can't burn a redshirt at this point. And Spring football practice begins Monday March 11, so Kellon can't be counted on. Maybe he can at least suit up for Dayton if needed. It's a lot to ask.

3/07/2019 8:51 am  #48

So, I like many of you watched the game last night...actually saw it on my Direct TV channel. Out of all of the games this year, this one was right up there...I will use a very deep adjective:  DUMB - as in Dumb turnovers.  So many opportunities and they couldn’t finish.  They left so many points out there on fast breaks, TD falling (just saying), balls hitting the hands and then going to the other team, missed layups and bunnies!!  Coach...again...didn’t show up for his post conference...I guess he was discussing the DUMB turnovers.  That is one game we Shoulda won.  Go Dukes.

I just hit 1,000 posts...do I get a bus ticket to Wilmerding?

Last edited by FAM (3/07/2019 9:04 am)

3/07/2019 9:31 am  #49

FAM wrote:

So, I like many of you watched the game last night...actually saw it on my Direct TV channel. Out of all of the games this year, this one was right up there...I will use a very deep adjective: DUMB - as in Dumb turnovers. So many opportunities and they couldn’t finish. They left so many points out there on fast breaks, TD falling (just saying), balls hitting the hands and then going to the other team, missed layups and bunnies!! Coach...again...didn’t show up for his post conference...I guess he was discussing the DUMB turnovers. That is one game we Shoulda won. Go Dukes.

I just hit 1,000 posts...do I get a bus ticket to Wilmerding?

No, you get to spend the evening in DUQUESNE!!!

3/07/2019 11:10 am  #50

If Kelly is out, I guess Taylor will be on the active roster.
Dukes become guard oriented now with only Hughes, Bizeau
and possibly Taylor as the bigs.

Board footera