Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/07/2019 6:33 pm  #26

Re: Maceo Austin

apluski, I was not offended, nor was it my intention to offend or criticize you.  I did not understand your question/comment.  I thought you were not able to open the link to see what I was referring to.  This board is not the best way to communicate.  My apology.

3/09/2019 11:00 pm  #27

Kennedy Catholic 55, Fox Chapel 28: Oscar Tshiebwe and the District 10 champion Eagles (23-3) were too much for the Foxes (16-9). Tshiebwe, a West Virginia recruit and McDonald’s All-American, scored 20 and Duquesne commit Maceo Austin led the Eagles with 21. 

3/12/2019 3:33 pm  #28

Kennedy Catholic plays Pine-Richland in the PIAA playoffs on Wednesday evening  at Slippery Rock University.  Should be a good test for Kennedy and a chance for Dukes fans to the north to see Maceo play.

3/13/2019 8:42 pm  #29

Kennedy beat PR by 19. Play Mt Lebo next. Austin had 20 tonight.

https://tribhssn.triblive.com/tshiebwe-kennedy-catholic-use-2nd-half-surge-to-oust-pine-richland-in-piaa-2nd-round/

Saw a clip of the Mt Lebo game on twitter, they were up 1 with 5 minutes to play and just held the ball.  Clip was only about 1:30 long, but I thought Lebo wont get that chance vs Kennedy.   Could get ugly if they do.

Last edited by townsonkid (3/14/2019 2:18 pm)

3/17/2019 1:09 pm  #30

3/18/2019 4:25 pm  #31

Coach Biega has his comments about watching Maceo against Mt. Lebo at PSN.

3/18/2019 7:54 pm  #32

WashPaRick wrote:

Bodega refers to Maceo as a point guard. Is this his natural position?

3/18/2019 8:25 pm  #33

I knew Lasalle wasnt a strong A10 team this year, but they are doing well in 6A playoffs I guess....PIAA CLASS 6A SEMIFINALSWestern regionTuesday - Coatesville (29-2) vs. Kennedy Catholic (25-3) at Williamsport, 7 p.m. Eastern regionTuesday - Pennridge (25-4) vs. La Salle College (26-3) at Norristown, 7 p.m.

3/18/2019 9:12 pm  #34

3/19/2019 8:04 am  #35

Looks like the Kennedy Catholic game here in Williamsport is a 6 PM start tonight. Don't know if there is any TV. I'm going to try and go and maybe post my thoughts on Maceo later. 

3/19/2019 7:16 pm  #36

PIAA 6A state semi-final
Final score
Kennedy Catholic 75
Coatesville 69
Austin led KC with 32 points

3/19/2019 9:51 pm  #37

I believe the state final games are all on PCN tv.  If you need more bball this weekend, and live in PA, you can watch our prized recruit.

3/20/2019 5:54 pm  #38

phil95 wrote:

WashPaRick wrote:

Bodega refers to Maceo as a point guard. Is this his natural position?

He can play either guard. He is big enough to play the 2 and will fit well with sin.

GO DUKES 
BEAT PITT

3/20/2019 7:25 pm  #39

http://rawsports.tv/wp/coatesville-vs-kennedy-catholic-6a-semi-final-3-19-19/

Here is the video of the semifinal game against coatsville. Enjoy.

3/20/2019 11:59 pm  #40

Thanks for posting the video. Ugly game. Maceo better get his defense together before KD gets ahold of him.

3/21/2019 8:35 am  #41

Interesting stat that one of the reporters posted on Twitter: Maceo will finish his career with over 1,950 points, but will never have led his team in scoring any of the four years. We are getting a team guy who can really put it in the basket in a variety of ways.

3/23/2019 6:16 pm  #42

townsonkid wrote:

I believe the state final games are all on PCN tv.  If you need more bball this weekend, and live in PA, you can watch our prized recruit.

If I'm seeing this small print on the bracket Kennedy Catholic will be starting at 8 tonight on PCN right after the Chartiers Valley girls get done.

3/23/2019 8:13 pm  #43

This 6A game reminds me of Hickory(Pennridge) vs South Bend(Kennedy) in Hoosiers.  And Hickory might win again.

3/23/2019 10:22 pm  #44

A really rugged and ragged game. If Pennridge would've run the picket fence at the end of regulation or first OT they probably win it. Austin struggled from 3 and at the line but had a couple big steals at crucial times. W.V.U. getting a good one. Kid going to Toledo looked good too.

Last edited by WashPaRick (3/23/2019 10:23 pm)

3/23/2019 10:26 pm  #45

WashPaRick wrote:

A really rugged and ragged game. If Pennridge would've run the picket fence at the end of regulation or first OT they probably win it. Austin struggled from 3 and at the line but had a couple big steals at crucial times. W.V.U. getting a good one. Kid going to Toledo looked good too.

Yeah 4 legit Division 1 players---Austin had his hands full with the Pennridge guard going to Navy. Love the WVU recruit.

3/24/2019 7:49 am  #46

I’ve seen maceo play enough times to know that his shooting performance last night was not typical for him, but I was impressed with his effort guarding that solid Navy recruit all night. He plucked him clean several times.

3/24/2019 8:51 am  #47

Maceo will be fine. Tense game for young kids. The jump to D1 ball is huge. With work, Maceo will add to the Dukes next year giving them another solid player.

3/25/2019 6:58 am  #48

He looked a little off his game, didnt care for all the missed FTs.  But yeah, that was a pressure filled game.  Saw he tweeted at Sin over the weekend, saying he cant wait to get with him at DU.   Here's to 3-4 good years and lost more wins for Austin!!!
That WVU recruit saved the game for them 2-3 times.  Huggy got a good one there.

4/27/2019 10:53 am  #49

Just a reminder that Maceo will be playing at Montour tonight.

4/27/2019 6:24 pm  #50

apluski wrote:

The Duke's stole a major recruit in Maceo Austin but what is "All League" status?

Apluski  class response to CLK . At times giving an observation & then a criticism can be somewhat frustrating. You my friend handled this with class. Secondly I love the Ring😁

Board footera