Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/04/2019 7:32 am  #1

Tidbits

1 Construction of Palumbo has started

https://twitter.com/AdamjLindner/status/1124380860961185793

2 A new Duquesne offer Myles Wilmoth 2020 PF

https://twitter.com/VerbalCommits/status/1124369832160440322

3 Jeremiah Davenport may delay his decision per this tweet from a Bonnies fan (take it with a grain of salt).  I have noticed however that VT has been stringing some kids along.  They had offered another wing forward named Desmond Cambridge a grad transfer from Brown.  He was set to make his decision when it seems VT pulled the offer.  VT has numerous offers out there and is really controlling the game with Davenport

https://twitter.com/SBUnfurled/status/1124070847424102403

4 Duquesne will play Marshall in Cleveland as part of a double header featuring WVU vs Ohio State.  In addition Duquesne will play Marshall in Huntington the following year.

https://twitter.com/KeithMorehouse/status/1124078369543532545

Last edited by CLK (5/04/2019 8:42 am)

5/04/2019 8:19 am  #2

Re: Tidbits

VTech is not nearly as attractive without Buzz Williams as HC.  He was a difference - maker in terms of trying to make that program competitive in the ACC.

5/04/2019 8:45 am  #3

levon1975 wrote:

VTech is not nearly as attractive without Buzz Williams as HC. He was a difference - maker in terms of trying to make that program competitive in the ACC.

I think that is true if a kid has more than one offer from P-5 schools, but the ACC is still very attractive to some kids who don't. 

Last edited by CLK (5/04/2019 8:45 am)

5/04/2019 9:05 am  #4

I don’t think I’ve seen it mentioned here yet, but we are playing Marshall at that event in Cleveland. OSU and WVU play after. We are also playing the return game at Marshall the following season.

5/04/2019 9:08 am  #5

CLK wrote:

levon1975 wrote:

VTech is not nearly as attractive without Buzz Williams as HC. He was a difference - maker in terms of trying to make that program competitive in the ACC.

I think that is true if a kid has more than one offer from P-5 schools, but the ACC is still very attractive to some kids who don't. 

Agree. Any ACC school is going to be more attractive than a middle of the pack school in the A10. You just have to hope there ends up being no room for him at VT, or that he gets nervous about all of his other landing spots disappearing, and takes his best firm offer.

5/04/2019 10:32 am  #6

Dukes2012 wrote:

I don’t think I’ve seen it mentioned here yet, but we are playing Marshall at that event in Cleveland. OSU and WVU play after. We are also playing the return game at Marshall the following season.

Dukes2012, see Point 4 in CLK’s original post.

5/06/2019 8:08 am  #7

I like playing Marshall, or anyone else, before WVU plays tOSU.  Our guys can watch a game in front of what will likely be a huge, loud crowd featuring 2 national programs.

Here is a bit of info regarding A10 recruits:I am all for giving a league like the Atlantic-10 some love. That league is in limbo to a degree as it is difficult to look at the conference as a high-major but it is also not a mid-major. When factoring in the league's broad geographical reach and how a few of its member programs are geared more toward the academic side, it's difficult to pin-point a handful of prospects that will end up playing Atlantic-10 basketball.
However, Hassan Diarra has become a priority for half of the league, but he could see his stock really take off this summer and become a Big East-level type of recruit. The same can be said for Dyondre Dominguez as he has heard his fair share of overtures from nearby ACC and Big East programs, though the A-10 is heavily invested in his recruitment.Myles StuteTrey HallMyles WilmothOumar KoreissiElijah TaylorJohn Hugley and Kareem Reid are just a few others that are hovering on the Atlantic-10 line. They could see their stock soar to the highest level this summer, or a league member could win out due their early investment in each of their recruitments. 

5/06/2019 11:56 am  #8

Nice information, Townson, thanks. The Pit thingamagigs feel they just about have Hugley wrapped-up. Three campus visits--the staff probably fixes him breakfast every morning. Any one know if we have interest in Kareem Reid? Three-star, available now (I believe), looks bigger than what is listed and not an overwhelming list of interested schools. Know nothing about him beyond what Townson provided. Since I mentioned the whatchamacallits up in the seedy part of town, does anyone else get the impression they have a list of every 4 star rated player in the country and send them all offers? Throw enough at the barn and maybe some sticks kind of thinking? Just wondering.

5/06/2019 12:55 pm  #9

Give the unmentionables credit. They leak every name out there and tend to get the “four star” reaction because after all an ACC school only offers four stars! 😂  Funny how some of the same kids when offered by the Dukes were not fours until the Oaklanders offered. It is a joke. The top 30 kids make a difference. The next 200 kids are players who might be as good as anyone - see Ja Morant. By the way, even those up the street’s women’s team is leaking names (three today).  We give a name here and there for the men. Time for our coaches (men and women) to leak every name. Smart people know you don’t get everyone.

Last edited by HookShot (5/06/2019 12:56 pm)

5/06/2019 1:16 pm  #10

You can throw out names, but if you arent getting it done on the court, no one will care.  
I'd also say a lot has to do with local media being in love with the AD up there.   

That Reid kid looks the part, huh?  Wide shoulders, could be a force wherever he goes.

Last edited by townsonkid (5/06/2019 1:19 pm)

Board footera