Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/17/2019 12:48 pm  #126

Re: Big Announcement

At last look, the video announcing the change has 42.8k views. Say what you like, a lot of people have looked which means the publicity is a good thing.  Doesn’t matter if you like it or not. It’s PR!

5/17/2019 1:12 pm  #127

Can we please make a pact that nobody will sneak in a big news post in on this thread? I really need to stop reading this wackiness but I am scared I will miss the signing announcement for 5-Star small forward.

5/17/2019 2:27 pm  #128

phil1955 wrote:

Can we please make a pact that nobody will sneak in a big news post in on this thread? I really need to stop reading this wackiness but I am scared I will miss the signing announcement for 5-Star small forward.

You already missed it. We got a 5 star small forward. His name was Si Green, and we signed him in 1952. He had a great career, and the Dukes did great things while he was here. You must have been distracted when this happened.

5/17/2019 2:46 pm  #129

Well I can be certain about one thing with the new Athletic logo D .... this should stop - getting harassed by drunk Sox fans screaming at me as they pass by thinking I am a Tigers supporter.

& my parole officer will like the change too.

5/17/2019 6:44 pm  #130

Simms wrote:

rittersdiner wrote:

It looks like a piece of whale dung.

That's more positive feedback than I expected from you honestly.

Wait. Wait. It's coming to me. (Snap finger) Got it. The D looks like those thin bookends we used to make in shop class.

5/18/2019 6:55 am  #131

The D is ugly... but I’ll cope as long as they don’t change it in the rings!!

5/18/2019 8:41 am  #132

Did you all notice this from the rollout?

[color=rgba(4, 30, 66, 1)]"This is the first phase of a multi-year process to elevate the Duquesne Athletics brand. Additional steps in the rebranding process include facility graphics, video and digital elements, in-market merchandising, and reimagining of the Duke mascot"[/color]

A reimagining of the mascot also in the works.  

5/18/2019 9:21 am  #133

CLK wrote:

So there's still hope that the new mascot will be Hello Kitty wearing a uniform with the new graphics.

5/18/2019 9:35 am  #134

CLK wrote:

[color=rgba(4, 30, 66, 1)]"This is the first phase of a multi-year process to elevate the Duquesne Athletics brand. Additional steps in the rebranding process include facility graphics, video and digital elements, in-market merchandising, and reimagining of the Duke mascot"[/color]

Perhaps that's where the rumored lion will enter in.

5/18/2019 10:24 am  #135

VBC wrote:

CLK wrote:

So there's still hope that the new mascot will be Hello Kitty wearing a uniform with the new graphics.

While of course Hello Kitty would never be our official mascot, a line of Hello Kitty branded Dukes items would be great for our female fans. Don't know what it would cost to be able to do something like that though.

5/18/2019 11:00 am  #136

duq81 wrote:

VBC wrote:

CLK wrote:

While of course Hello Kitty would never be our official mascot, a line of Hello Kitty branded Dukes items would be great for our female fans. Don't know what it would cost to be able to do something like that though.

A few years ago I was visiting a friend's house and there was Hello Kitty stuff everywhere as her daughter was obsessed.  Any piece of Hello Kitty merchandise this young lady seemed to own.  She ended up attending Duquesne and is still on campus as a law school student.  Her potential purchases alone could offset the licensing fee.

5/18/2019 11:25 am  #137

Face wrote:

CLK wrote:

Perhaps that's where the rumored lion will enter in.

I was thinking of your prior comment on the rumored lion when I posted this.    

5/18/2019 11:30 am  #138

VBC wrote:

duq81 wrote:

VBC wrote:

A few years ago I was visiting a friend's house and there was Hello Kitty stuff everywhere as her daughter was obsessed.  Any piece of Hello Kitty merchandise this young lady seemed to own.  She ended up attending Duquesne and is still on campus as a law school student.  Her potential purchases alone could offset the licensing fee.

VBC you make a great point about merchandising items for kids.  That seemed to be lacking, or at least severely limited in the past.  Hopefully little kids items can translate into DU fans later. 

5/18/2019 11:32 am  #139

rittersdiner wrote:

Wait. Wait. It's coming to me. (Snap finger) Got it. The D looks like those thin bookends we used to make in shop class.

You're right, it does.

5/18/2019 2:55 pm  #140

The teams updated their twitter handles to use tthe new logo, its really growing on me.  Distinctive, still uses the colors, cool, new.   I like it.   Catchy.

5/18/2019 3:37 pm  #141

I don't expect a lion mascot.  It doesn't seem to go well with the new gothic, edgy logo we have now.  I'd prefer a Duke personally.

"You have to be realistic about these things."  - Logen Ninefingers

5/18/2019 4:01 pm  #142

Simms wrote:

I don't expect a lion mascot. It doesn't seem to go well with the new gothic, edgy logo we have now. I'd prefer a Duke personally.

I'd like to see variations of the old basketball slinging Duke. He can be running with football, or be a female for the women's teams. Ain't gonna happen though.
Doing a Google image search for the letter D gives interesting results. Some are better than what we came up with, but many are much worse. Something like this D with an embedded 1 might have won me over, but I'm sure many would have hated it. 

5/18/2019 6:53 pm  #143

Keep checking mainly to see if we can land another recruit n this topic has gotten tired but i like that duq81

Board footera