Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/31/2019 9:52 am  #1

Tess Myers Offer

https://mobile.twitter.com/tessmyers24/status/1134284282313224192

Coach Dan offered this scrappy winner from N. Catholic who is the daughter of Joey Myers who was a good shooting forward for us. I like this offer a lot!

A tweet about dad, Joey:

https://mobile.twitter.com/BillBeckner/status/1134314703042179074

Last edited by HookShot (5/31/2019 1:13 pm)

5/31/2019 1:50 pm  #2

Re: Tess Myers Offer

I suspected but wasn't sure if Tess was Joey's daughter.  Everything I hear about her is good, but I wonder if Dan waited too long to offer.  She is playing well and has gotten some P-5 offers, I believe.  As a UNC (University of North Catholic) and Duquesne alum I would love to see both Tess and her teammate at NC, Kylie Lewandowski wearing the Red and Blue with the new logo at the new Cooper Athletic Complex!  Both are winners and have played against some great competition nationally.  Can someone make this happen! 

5/31/2019 1:58 pm  #3

Joey, aka "Sonar" had unlimited range from the outside, and would have been an amazing 3-point shooter had the rule been in place.  He sacrificed his scoring as a senior by playing in the paint, since the was one the only guy on the team with the size and skill to do so; and I thought  he did a really nice job learning how to play in the paint. 

5/31/2019 5:13 pm  #4

I just watched a few clips of this girl's highlight reel.  She is crafty with the ball and has a nice step-back move to get her shot off.  Considering the level of her opposition, she is able to drive the ball to the basket and finish.

My questions about her- will she be able to get her shot off against the much quicker defenders she'll face in Div. 1?  How well will she be able to absorb contact, driving to the basket, against much more physical and bigger players?

My take- A solid, energetic player who fits nicely into the current offense that Matt runs for the Dukes; she could help them be a strong WNIT contender.  Not the caliber of player, however, who could help propel the Dukes back to the NCAA, 

The good news for you guys is- there was (and hopefully still is), a lot of excitement about the 2020 class Dan got verbals from and from what I remember, there is size and talent coming your way.

Board footera