Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/26/2019 5:50 pm  #26

Re: DU Roster Posted

townsonkid wrote:

Just no more losing to LaSalle!!!!  

Amen to that. My head blows up when we lose to them!!!

6/27/2019 8:32 am  #27

CLK wrote:

Ok duq81 you can call this hype, but I believe this kid can be an all league player.  Go Dukes!

I don't think Marcus is a bunch of hype, he's one of those "glue guys". Unlike some other guys who were hyped on the board, he produced last year, and is a key part going forward. When I mention hype, I'm talking about guys who haven't done it yet. We're not bringing in 5 star players, so any new guy has to show me something before I get excited. I'm hoping that Ellis, Maceo, and Steele are the real deal, but I have to see some production before I get excited.

6/27/2019 1:11 pm  #28

Marcus was probably the most underrated played on the team based on some past comments. Undersized for the 4 and not a solid shooter needed for the 3 but I'll take him in crunch time anywhere KD puts him!

6/29/2019 6:57 am  #29

townsonkid wrote:

How about KD and staff work with MHughes and develop his mid range game, 10-12 foot jumpers, a dribble drive, passing?  He can become weaponized and wont have to worry so much on defense if Steele or Ellis is out there with him.

Kid, I don't see this happening. I've seen the posts regarding Sin's knee problems but remember, MHughes has physical issues of his own. Asking him to be more of a stretch-5 rather than a post player/screen setter/rebounder may be too much to ask. What I do remember posting at the end of last season was I hope that both Sin and MHughes have been given intensive rehab work to help them play pain free. Time will tell.

WE ARE CREEPING UP TO THE SECOND FLOOR....

7/02/2019 7:12 am  #30

Wasnt Hughes injury a lower leg/bone issue?   Broken fibula or tibia?

Board footera