Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/25/2019 6:15 pm  #1

Random questions

Hopefully all are well! I can't wait to see how the Dukes fare this year. I am really looking forward to, and pipe dream to go but I know Wife would fuss more than I can take anymore , to the YSU game. I think they could finally take them this year. YSU I believe have the most experience at LB maybe D-line but I think next year for them will still be a relatively young team. I held out hope a few years ago but the Penguins jumped all over the Dukes early. But again I don't think they are at their "beat FBS Pitt" level, maybe a notch lower year while they gain experience. The Dukes may be able to hang but they probably need to go through the air...

Can they ever get a YSU to come to the Burgh? Still wonder why The Dukes most famous alums the Rooney's could not make a provision for a Duquesne Home Game at Heinz, or even a game at Highmark with a little more difference "ambiance" than Rooney Field...

How many seats would they add to the bluff?...

How does it work the 2 Rival Universities will have UPMC Centers? Great Pitt advertisement, but that name at other competing institutions is weird...

When is the next FBS opponent? is it WVU in 2023? Last year wetted my appetite for FBS, Maybe they can get UConn on board since they are independent?....

Last, not sure I am feeling the "blade" lettering D. I love the classic D, that is Them plain and simple and recognizable imho. The blade D is just weird looking, Its not that I "fear change" but just plain and simple it does not look good. Maybe it will slightly grow on me but I still say they should have stayed with the classic. It reminds me of how the Pitt Dinosaur-Cat Head from late nineties sort of grew on me, the blocky head was interesting but Pitt should have never went to the gold and blue everyone uses and the new age symbol. Through thick or thin all recognize the Mustard Yellow and light royal blue and the script Pitt. The old English D is classic!

6/28/2019 7:43 pm  #2

Re: Random questions

Nice post.  I wonder the same things.

My worry about this year is the O-Line

Last edited by coffee (6/28/2019 7:44 pm)

COFFEE
http://duquesnesports.blogspot.com/
Attitude is everything

7/08/2019 10:04 am  #3

Re: Random questions

To play a Saturday night game vs any OOC team at Highmark, and have a lot of recruits in for it would be a major boost IMO.   That is really a cool looking place, a 7:00pm kickoff in late September would be perfect atmosphere to produce something memorable for all.

Board footera