Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/10/2019 10:04 am  #1

Recruiting insights

I'm in the middle of moving to California, but had an opportunity to correspond with Dan and wanted to share a few insights on the 2019, 2020 classes and beyond.  

Although she is still slated for redshirting, Snezhe Serofimoska (the incoming freshman from Macedonia via Nebraska) is closer to being 6'5 than her listed 6'4.  Already in the weight room and (with strength), huge upside.

The Dukes still have lots of size going into 2019-2020 with Laia 6'2; Angela 6'2; Precious 6'3, and Amaya 6'2. Tess Myers will play right away. Still waiting for that foreign (national team) guard to visit the campus (and if signed) and will have a big impact on the program early in her career. "Very tough kid"

I think several of us were surprised that 6'3 Mya Murray (class of 2020), elected to go to Brown.  Turns out she is an OK basketball player, but an incredible student and Brown was a better fit for her- academically. 

2021 commitment from a 6'2 guard who may remind us a little of Orsi Szecsi.

Most interesting insight was- Dan would like to eventually have just two legit post players and more hybrid 4/3 players with length to compete with other teams who are mixing up their rosters. 

I will keep a close eye on the Dukes even though I'm on the West Coast.

QUESTION- Does anyone know if the home games will be televised this coming season?

Go Dukes!

Board footera