Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/18/2019 2:36 pm  #26

Re: NBC Sports Article

The best  poll for me is the coaches poll at the start of the season.

The other polls are just a bunch of people flapping their gums.

7/18/2019 3:13 pm  #27

Econ69 wrote:

The best  poll for me is the coaches poll at the start of the season.

The other polls are just a bunch of people flapping their gums.

The coaches were just as clueless as anyone last year. Didn't they pick us 11th?

7/22/2019 4:37 pm  #28

Godukes2017 wrote:

CLK wrote:

The top three of this league (VCU, Dayton & Davidson) are all very solid.  Who finishes after that is up for grabs.  The Bonnies lost several top players, Mason lost key players and SLU is basically a total rebuild.  The Dukes return  4 starters and a very solid core.  I see KD being able to play big without relying on freshman.  Most of the minutes at the 4 & 5 (if everyone stays healthy) will be Hughes, Steele & Weathers with Rotroff and Elliis getting relief minutes.  We hopefully will not have to play a walk on at the 4 or see Weathers playing the 5.  This was a major problem last year.  I think we will be a vastly improved rebounding team and a better on interior defense.  I am not worried about the loss  of Williams.  About half of his rebounds came from ripping them away from his teammates, and his offense will be absorbed by the 2 & 3. We will also be a better overall defensive team.  I am not sure what the impact of not playing at Palumbo, but I don't think we had much of a home court advantage there either.  I really feel there is ample reason to believe the Dukes can finish in the top 5.

3rd ranked defensive rating Williams had. So he played defense and rebounding... why even say something like that when the kid averaged 8.2 combined 2 years for us and team cancer? stop speaking on situations we do not know about that’s all I have to say.

The reference to EW as a " cancer" appeared in an earlier post by me. It was not a term I used, but rather one made by a source with reliable insider knowledge. As I said, I'm disappointed that EW apparently did not want to be here. I can only conclude he felt he was better than A10 or Duquesne level of quality player.

Last edited by Westender (7/22/2019 4:39 pm)

7/22/2019 5:52 pm  #29

Westender wrote:

Godukes2017 wrote:

CLK wrote:

The top three of this league (VCU, Dayton & Davidson) are all very solid.  Who finishes after that is up for grabs.  The Bonnies lost several top players, Mason lost key players and SLU is basically a total rebuild.  The Dukes return  4 starters and a very solid core.  I see KD being able to play big without relying on freshman.  Most of the minutes at the 4 & 5 (if everyone stays healthy) will be Hughes, Steele & Weathers with Rotroff and Elliis getting relief minutes.  We hopefully will not have to play a walk on at the 4 or see Weathers playing the 5.  This was a major problem last year.  I think we will be a vastly improved rebounding team and a better on interior defense.  I am not worried about the loss  of Williams.  About half of his rebounds came from ripping them away from his teammates, and his offense will be absorbed by the 2 & 3. We will also be a better overall defensive team.  I am not sure what the impact of not playing at Palumbo, but I don't think we had much of a home court advantage there either.  I really feel there is ample reason to believe the Dukes can finish in the top 5.

3rd ranked defensive rating Williams had. So he played defense and rebounding... why even say something like that when the kid averaged 8.2 combined 2 years for us and team cancer? stop speaking on situations we do not know about that’s all I have to say.

The reference to EW as a " cancer" appeared in an earlier post by me. It was not a term I used, but rather one made by a source with reliable insider knowledge. As I said, I'm disappointed that EW apparently did not want to be here. I can only conclude he felt he was better than A10 or Duquesne level of quality player.

Well, time will tell. It sure worked out for TJ. Worked out for the Johnson guy from Pitt as well. Everyone wants that NBA money. Really can't blame them. TJ is a backup, and still, he's probably set for life.

Board footera