Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/21/2019 10:42 am  #1

Vanessa Abel

Anyone know who Vanessa Abel replaced as Asst. Coach, or has she just been added to the staff?

7/21/2019 1:04 pm  #2

Re: Vanessa Abel

She replaces Rachel Wojdowski who took a job in the business world. Many thanks to Coach Woj for all that she did to make DU a winner!

7/21/2019 4:01 pm  #3

Appreciative of Rachel's contributions.

If Vanessa gets intimately involved with Duquesne's recruiting, but more importantly if she receives Rachel's assignment (running the defense), there is a good chance you could see significant improvement and toughness on the defensive end by 2020-2021 and perhaps glimpses of that this coming season. 

Who knows?  You might even see a fundamental shift in strategy (i.e. less one-on-one and more aggressive match-up zone).  In any event, very pleased Vanessa is with the Dukes.  

7/23/2019 12:38 pm  #4

PSN's Zac Weiss interviewed Vanessa Abel about her return to Duquesne.

https://pittsburghsportsnow.com/2019/07/23/vanessa-abel-excited-to-return-to-duquesne-as-assistant-coach/

7/23/2019 2:55 pm  #5

Thank you for the post.

Vanessa's role is clarified.  While her focus will be on  player development and recruiting, she will not (at least initially), be involved in coordinating the defense, which has been a concern for the last several years.

I am out in California and much of my time has been consumed with Stanford WBB, but if I get the opportunity, I will ask Coach Dan what his defensive plans are and will share anything I can with you.

Go Dukes!

Board footera