Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/29/2019 6:11 pm  #1

Terrance Thompson '20 Offer

6'*8" PF from Wisconsin.  Looks like DU is his first D1 offer.  KD is very good at finding under the radar players.

https://twitter.com/VerbalCommits/status/1155967175741468674

Last edited by CLK (7/29/2019 6:16 pm)

7/30/2019 7:57 am  #2

Re: Terrance Thompson '20 Offer

I'm noticing Dambrot is pushing the boundaries of his usual recruiting hotspots recently. This guy's from Wisconsin, one is from Minnesota, 2 in NJ, I think there's a kid in the south somewhere.

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

7/30/2019 7:17 pm  #3

Has  a number of offers including DePaul, Toledo, Green Bay, and Bradley.

8/02/2019 6:28 am  #4

yak-rbc wrote:

I'm noticing Dambrot is pushing the boundaries of his usual recruiting hotspots recently. This guy's from Wisconsin, one is from Minnesota, 2 in NJ, I think there's a kid in the south somewhere.

I don't know what his connection is with Wisconsin, and Minnesota. Obviously, the New Jersey connection is Ashton Gibbs, which I like to see, as I don't think you can win long term at Duquesne without being able to recruit along the coast.

8/02/2019 9:45 am  #5

I agree, you have to be able to pluck the occasional player from areas that are not typically in your prime recruiting area to be able to compete in the A-10. 
The thing I liked the most about his film was the nice pass to a cutting teammate for a dunk.  It might indicate that he doesn't play with blinders and that to me is very important when scouting a high school player.  Some guys with talent never seem to master the skill of seeing the rest of the court when the ball is in their hands.

9/14/2019 2:53 pm  #6

247Sports has a page called "Chrystal Ball Predictions."  Their Wisconsin site expert (Evan Flood) lists Thompson as 100% certain going to Duquesne.  To their credit they publish stats for their past prediction accuracy -- and Flood shows a 70% reported accuracy,  Presumably not all of his predictions were 100% certain predictions.  The prediction was dated August 30.

Last edited by Purduke (9/14/2019 3:30 pm)

Board footera