Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/07/2019 8:03 pm  #26

Re: Bahamas Trip

If im reading it right Steele had 15 rebounds. Caught it late after catching link from CLK.

8/07/2019 8:05 pm  #27

For what it's worth, of the candidates for the shooting guard spot, Lamar Norman looked pretty good. Is Mike Hughes hurt, he didn't play.

8/07/2019 8:09 pm  #28

Norman did look good.

8/07/2019 8:23 pm  #29

duq81 wrote:

For what it's worth, of the candidates for the shooting guard spot, Lamar Norman looked pretty good. Is Mike Hughes hurt, he didn't play.

The other shooting guards were 1 for 14 from 3. Were they using the new 3 point line?

8/08/2019 8:51 am  #30

A83 wrote:

townsonkid wrote:

Remember, they did post this job opening via twitter, maybe it has something to do with the nothingness.  Director of Production position for all athletic teams.  It has been filled I assume, because the job is not listed on the school web site any longer.   Maybe they are busy with Fall sports.   IDK.

I just took a picture, captioned it and tweeted it. The entire process took less than one minute. I’m sure they could find time to do that 3 or 4 times a week.

Pure laziness.

Not arguing.  But, maybe KD put a gag order on this trip, only written post game articles, no pics, highlight clips, etc.  At least we got a post game wrap up article.   

8/08/2019 8:58 am  #31

8/08/2019 9:41 am  #32

WashPaRick wrote:

duq81 wrote:

The other shooting guards were 1 for 14 from 3. Were they using the new 3 point line?

They were using all FIBA rules which also just happens to be the distance of the new college 3 point line.

They also used quarters and 24 second / 14 second reset shot clocks

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

8/08/2019 8:37 pm  #33

townsonkid wrote:

Not arguing.  But, maybe KD put a gag order on this trip, only written post game articles, no pics, highlight clips, etc.  At least we got a post game wrap up article.   

Wondered about that. The team has been in the Bahamas since Monday, they were allowed to practice for 10 days before that. Yet no reports or updates of any kind on preparations, activities, experiences, game previews, just a post-game report. Does sound like Keith is keeping a tight lid on things. Compare that to the women's team which has had updates all summer on players' offseason workouts, coaches' recruiting trips, players' birthdays, Dan Burt throwing out the first pitch at a Pirates game, coaches goofing off around campus, etc. Draw your own conclusions. 

8/09/2019 6:35 am  #34

townsonkid wrote:

A83 wrote:

townsonkid wrote:

Remember, they did post this job opening via twitter, maybe it has something to do with the nothingness.  Director of Production position for all athletic teams.  It has been filled I assume, because the job is not listed on the school web site any longer.   Maybe they are busy with Fall sports.   IDK.

I just took a picture, captioned it and tweeted it. The entire process took less than one minute. I’m sure they could find time to do that 3 or 4 times a week.

Pure laziness.

Without checking Twitter, Instagram or any other social media...the University websites at Texas Tech and Georgetown seem to be handling it the same as DU.  Initial announcement and game summaries.  Not sure why it is so low key but unless someone really dropped the ball...this seems planned. 

Last edited by Dsnyder15 (8/09/2019 6:36 am)

8/09/2019 7:07 am  #35

It still doesn’t explain why there were no original posts from Duquesne mbb from 7/10/19 to yesterday.   You don’t have to post about the tournament if there is some sort of self imposed blackout.   

However isn’t social media to promote the team?   Going dark for nearly a month is silly.

The person who run the women’s team social media just does a better job.   I like seeing things about the new players and birthdays, etc.  I like seeing practice pictures and funny posts.     It gives the fan a connection to the coaches and team.   In other words, it promotes them. 

A novel idea.

I’m not Complaining for the sake of Complaining.  I want the team to do well and gain more fans.   The school has to do their part.

Last edited by A83 (8/09/2019 7:59 am)

8/09/2019 8:49 am  #36

It's a fair point, A83. On Facebook, some folks were wondering why the women's team has their own Facebook page while the men's team just shares the GoDuquesne channel with every other Duquesne team. In any case, the women's team has a far more active social media presence. If the men's team had a strong following beyond a handful of students and alumni diehards, I wouldn't really care, but obviously we don't and could use all the promotion we can get. GoDuquesne has spent the summer promoting merchandise featuring the new logo, the NCAA women's volleyball championships, the fall sports team's schedules and talking up the new bowling recruits and awards won by DU tennis players and swimmers. Not a word about men's basketball.

Last edited by DennisC91 (8/09/2019 9:21 am)

Board footera