Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/01/2019 1:16 pm  #1

OOC

There was a post about a game on the men's board about the women's team, which was posted because there probably wasn't one over here yet. So I'll start.

12-30 at Oklahoma St.

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

8/01/2019 6:27 pm  #2

Re: OOC

City game was confirmed. But no date. 

So @Pitt

And I believe they had home and home with the following and they will be playing away this year
@UCF
@Temple

And home vs Liberty.

Last edited by A83 (8/01/2019 8:26 pm)

8/01/2019 9:53 pm  #3

A83 wrote:

City game was confirmed. But no date.

So @Pitt

And I believe they had home and home with the following and they will be playing away this year
@UCF
@Temple

And home vs Liberty.

DON'T think Liberty will be coming to Pittsburgh (at least this year)  DU played them in Florida (which was a neutral site and part of a mini-tournament/invitational with Syracuse) - 

8/02/2019 7:00 pm  #4

Thanks Al.  That’s correct.  And I’m glad.   I don’t want any DU teams playing Liberty.

8/02/2019 8:09 pm  #5

Add the following 2019 - 2020 games :

11/17/19  The team travels to Easton , Pa. to take on the mean Lafayette Leopards

11/26/19  A tussle in Pittsburgh with the ferocious Central Connecticut State Blue Devils

8/05/2019 9:14 am  #6

So far

11-17 @ Lafayette
11-26 vs CCSU
12-30 @ OKST

unknown @ Pitt
Unknown @ UCF (probably)
Unknown @ Temple (probably)

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

8/15/2019 9:21 am  #7

8/20/2019 7:49 am  #8

Another non-conference game for the women, at Manhattan on November 10: https://gojaspers.com/news/2019/8/15/womens-basketball-jaspers-announce-2019-20-non-conference-schedule.aspx

8/20/2019 1:48 pm  #9

11-5 Kent State (PPG)
11-10 @ Manhattan
11-17 @ Lafayette
11-23 @ Pitt
11-26 vs CCSU
12-30 @ OKST

Unknown @ UCF (probably)
Unknown @ Temple (probably)

9/05/2019 9:24 am  #10

9/05/2019 9:27 am  #11

The full schedule:

11-5 Kent State (PPG)
11-8 @ Temple
11-10 @ Manhattan
11-15 @ Iona
11-17 @ Lafayette
11-23 @ Pitt
11-26 vs CCSU (Oakland Catholic)
12-4 @ Akron
12-7 Toledo (La Roche)
12-10 @ Cornell
12-15 St. Francis PA (La Roche)
12-20 Kennesaw St (La Roche)
12-30 @ OKST

9/05/2019 9:32 am  #12

Negatives: no doubleheaders with the mens team aside from the opener at PPG.
Temple/Manhattan and Iona/Lafayette are double-take weekends on the road. Sneakily tough stretch there with the short rest

Positives: no men's games when the women play at home
All La Roche games are on the weekend

9/05/2019 12:49 pm  #13

The team's performance over the first half of the non-conference season may not necessarily give us a true picture of what this team is capable of, but the last seven games should.

Dan has called this his most inexperienced team since taking the HC helm, and with the exception of Libby B., most of the other positions are up for grabs.  Dan paid compliments for several players coming in to campus in great shape, including Nina A. and credits Angela S. as being their best 3-point shooter.  He refrains from using the word "potential", but he's very excited about this season; that the non-conference schedule was designed to position the team for a run in March.  He's leaving the door open for freshmen like Amaya H. to be a major contributor. 

As for style of play, I'm encouraged by the fact that he's not necessarily set on employing the same offense and defense going into Fall practice. This suggests that he will base his strategies on the talent he has and how the team comes together.

I'm looking forward to seeing: 1) How well the team defends the dribble drive; 2) How well it limits opponents from getting offensive rebounds; 3) Balanced inside/outside scoring, and 4) players limiting difficult shot attempts.

This could be interesting. 

9/05/2019 6:00 pm  #14

Glad to see Nina is healthy -  HOPE it stays that way -  Given the wealth of talent that graduated - and no regular home court advantage - team is going to need that.  If all players play to their full ability I'd place her second behind Libby (yes ahead of Angie, Laia, Amanda and Halle) at this point - but that is just one guy's opinion.

With players like Chassidy, Julianna, and Kadri in it was easy to try to win games by outscoring teams (offensive minded) with their departures best idea could be to win games by allowing fewer points (defensive minded)

The two best teams in the league last year (Fordham and VCU) were more defense oriented.

With No Palumbo here's hoping there is still one pre season practice that is open to the fans.

ONLY 61 DAYS UNTIL THE OPENER!!!!

9/05/2019 6:05 pm  #15

Make Nina #3 - forgot about Paige.

Board footera