Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/21/2019 10:55 am  #1

Dayton Flyers Preview

Today at Welcome stadium the Dukes are the home opener for the 2 and 0 Dayton Flyers. Dayton has won 2 high scoring contests against Indiana State and Robert Morris and are led by Cook the QB who is an efficient passer and scramble guy. Look for roll outs and short passes to tight end and Cook to tuck it up and run.RB  Sean Prophit had 120 plus yards against RMU too and AJ out with a shoulder.  Dukes wins a hard fought road victory is my call!

Last edited by Judge Jack McVay Jr (9/21/2019 10:59 am)

9/21/2019 12:17 pm  #2

Re: Dayton Flyers Preview

Just a heads up to those interested, the game is being broadcast by Dayton on Facebook. Obviously the announcers might not be friendly to us, but I hadn't seen any mention of it being shown at all. I just stumbled upon it on the great college football tv schedule site at lsufootball.net. Anyway, here's the link for those interested who may not have known: https://www.facebook.com/DaytonFlyersFootball/videos/2527573860809912/

Last edited by luckymcd (9/21/2019 12:28 pm)

9/21/2019 12:36 pm  #3

Thanks so much for the link Lucky. I was about to post asking how to watch the game. Go Dukes

9/21/2019 12:57 pm  #4

Yikes the defense looks bad.

9/21/2019 12:59 pm  #5

Cincy Bengals had ONE practice there!!!  A C Green tears up his knee!!!   Maybe DU should NOT go there!!

9/21/2019 1:31 pm  #6

Defense is non-existent

9/21/2019 2:31 pm  #7

DUKES WIN IT 35-31.   Opening up a can of Duquesne Beer!!!

The defense stepped up on the last drive when they had to! 

What a shoot out!

What a great rivalry game!

Last edited by coffee (9/21/2019 2:32 pm)

COFFEE
http://duquesnesports.blogspot.com/
Attitude is everything

9/21/2019 2:36 pm  #8

All is right in the world

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

9/21/2019 3:42 pm  #9

Always a dogfight with Dayton! Great games O Line, Mark Allen rushing for 168 yards and 2 TDs! Palm Beach Parr  went 18 for 22 and 2 TDs and a nice tuck it and run td. I was surprised that we had trouble stopping the run as they averaged 4.6 yDs with Prophit getting 78 and Cook was heady at Q running a lot of cross routes and the Belichek pick and roll!The tight end has pro scouts looking at him and close hard fought road victory!

Last edited by Judge Jack McVay Jr (9/21/2019 3:46 pm)

9/21/2019 5:00 pm  #10

Nice win by the Dukes (any win on the road is nice).  Overcame special teams gaffes and a potent Dayton offense. Onto the Granite State.

9/21/2019 5:12 pm  #11

I love playing Dayton in football and basketball.  Their fans and their teams always bring it and it is never over 'till its over!   

On to the next!

This NH game is very winnable.  They are not having a good year to date but they are from the CAA.   Could be a good win if we can grab it.

I'm thinking of changing my tag line from "Attitude is everything" to "Add at least 1,000 more seats damnit... its embarrassing having a great team but the smallest field in all D-I"

Last edited by coffee (9/21/2019 5:17 pm)

COFFEE
http://duquesnesports.blogspot.com/
Attitude is everything

9/22/2019 8:15 am  #12

ANY TIME Duquesne beats "the Liars" in ANYTHING makes me happy!!!

Kudos to the Footballers!!!!

9/22/2019 1:21 pm  #13

SkepticAl wrote:

I’m not familiar with the term “the Liars” being associated with Dayton. Can you enlighten me or refresh my memory?

9/22/2019 9:04 pm  #14

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

SkepticAl wrote:

I’m not familiar with the term “the Liars” being associated with Dayton. Can you enlighten me or refresh my memory?

Way back when DU joined that Midwestern Conference (John Carroll era)  DU left the A-10 reportedly based on a "long term commitment" Dayton had made to that Midwestern Conference -  One/Two Years later Dayton left the MWC for the A-10 -   Since Liars ryhmes with Flyers..........

Board footera