Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/07/2019 4:50 pm  #1

NEC Tiebreaker

On Saturday, CCSU beat Sacred Heart.

DU plays at Sacred Heart and home at CCSU.  I know I’m putting the cart about 5 miles ahead of the horse but a three way tie for first could easily occur if DU loses at SH and beats CCSU at home.

So I looked on the NEC website as to what is the three way tiebreakers are .   First is head to head and they would all be 1-1 against each other.   The next tiebreaker is best winning percentage overalll.  (Which I think is an awful tiebreaker.)

All three teams have will play four OOC games.   DU and SH finished OOC  2-2.   CCSU is 2-1 and plays at Columbia this weekend. 

So when you are score watching on the bye week root for Columbia to win.  That will take that tiebreaker away from CCSU.   I’ll research what the next tiebreaker is if CCSU loses to Columbia on Saturday. 

That tiebreaker awards teams for playing weak teams OOC.

10/08/2019 6:31 pm  #2

Re: NEC Tiebreaker

Hopefully we don't get in this situation again but I definitely understand why you looked ahead A83 as it seems to happen more often than not recently! Dukes do get Central at home and they appear to be the team to beat losing last minute to Eastern Michigan and beating Sacred Heart! We also get St Francis and Wagner at home and I am going to look ahead and predict another showdown with Central at Rooney. Obviously we need to get a win at Bobby Valentine's school next week first!

Last edited by Judge Jack McVay Jr (10/08/2019 6:34 pm)

Board footera