Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/30/2013 7:07 pm  #26

Re: I wonder if this is a recuiting violation (Update)

rogabee wrote:

Even if not a recruiting violation - which it may not be given that the title "They still love me anyway" or something like that could have been looked at along the lines of "they still love me even though I won't be their coach" I wonder if going to the Classic as a coach puts her in violation of illegally scouting.

Regardless, sour grapes IMO to report it.  I'm sure that what SMS did happens a lot, SMS was just stupid enough to do it publicly on twitter.  See duq81's previous comments on Shawn James coming here.

I still am amazed how negatively she's being viewed here, though I do get it.  If RE would have got the PSU job, how would we have viewed that?  SMS did as much - and IMO more - for our women's program than RE did for our men's.  Note that the women had never even reached the WNIT before SMS was here, and she got us into NCAA discussion for 2 of the last 3 years as well as routinely being able to host WNIT home games year in and year out.  Unfortunately, it just sucks that she went down the street three miles rather than anywhere else for her upgraded coaching position.

She will probably back off of those girls now that she knows she's being watched.

4/30/2013 7:49 pm  #27

I don't think she's being viewed negatively, or what she's done here is being unappreciated. It's just silly to think that.

And here we go again ... I'm sure I'll be the one who gets blamed for bringing up the former men's coach here. Ay, yi, yi, yi yi!

4/30/2013 8:19 pm  #28

Since I started this, I stand by what I did.  I supported her greatly while she was at DU.  I wanted her to stay.   She left for her dream job (her words).   I was very upset when she left. 

I saw a possible NCAA violation concerning a couple of Duquesne recruits. Or at the very least some poor judgement by someone who should know better. 

I don't know if it was or if it wasn't a violation.  I reported this to people who should know.  I don't care if the NCAA choses not to address it.   I did it because I care about the women's basketball program at Duquesne. 

I think the fact that it was taken down speaks volumes and I am satisfied with that.  

I am very happy Dan Burt is the new coach of the women's basketball team.  Go Dukes!

Last edited by duqkurt (4/30/2013 8:20 pm)

5/01/2013 7:50 am  #29

duqkurt wrote:

Since I started this, I stand by what I did.  I supported her greatly while she was at DU.  I wanted her to stay.   She left for her dream job (her words).   I was very upset when she left. 

I saw a possible NCAA violation concerning a couple of Duquesne recruits. Or at the very least some poor judgement by someone who should know better. 

I don't know if it was or if it wasn't a violation.  I reported this to people who should know.  I don't care if the NCAA choses not to address it.   I did it because I care about the women's basketball program at Duquesne. 

I think the fact that it was taken down speaks volumes and I am satisfied with that.  

I am very happy Dan Burt is the new coach of the women's basketball team.  Go Dukes!

As long as no more recruits or players follow her to Pitt, I'm satisfied.

5/01/2013 10:32 am  #30

duq81 wrote:

duqkurt wrote:

As long as no more recruits or players follow her to Pitt, I'm satisfied.

It's the "no more" that really bugs me, but I'm with you on this.

Board footera