Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/24/2013 10:14 pm  #251

Re: Recruiting

I like workaday types.

4/28/2013 7:10 pm  #252

Saw this post on the Pitt Scout Board.  Another transfer at Pitt  Transfers and booting are epidemic in college basketball.

Jon Rothstein ‏ @ JonRothstein 10mPitt's J.J. Moore will transfer, per a source. 6-6 wing has one year of eligibility remaining.

I posted this on the Rivals board and it was blocked.

By my count, we will have lost nine players over two years when next season is over.

These next twelve months will determine the next five to ten years of Pitt basketball. If coach can't hit on some recruits and has to reach to give out all of these scholarships, we are in trouble.

4/28/2013 7:13 pm  #253

Still waiting to see if Dominique McKoy who visited DU this weekend (see my prior post) committed to DU.

4/29/2013 4:52 pm  #254

CLK wrote:

Saw this post on the Pitt Scout Board.  Another transfer at Pitt  Transfers and booting are epidemic in college basketball.

Jon Rothstein ‏ @ JonRothstein 10mPitt's J.J. Moore will transfer, per a source. 6-6 wing has one year of eligibility remaining.

By my count, we will have lost nine players over two years when next season is over.

These next twelve months will determine the next five to ten years of Pitt basketball. If coach can't hit on some recruits and has to reach to give out all of these scholarships, we are in trouble.

Duing the men's NCAA tournament I predicted that Dixon would not come back to Pitt (win some and lose some) and one of the reasons I predicted that was because of Pitt's move to the ACC. Pitt's team is/was not built for ACC ball but for the Big East style of play. I still believe Dixon will (is?) regret not leaving. The wheels are continuing to fall off the wagon out at the zoo (how appropriate a name) and I sense Mr "Plastic Smile" is now coming to grips with the fact that unless something happens pretty quickly, he and his "plastic smile" reputation are going to take a real beating next year. As the escalader slowly reverses upwards at Duquesne it may also as slowly being reversed at **itt. Not to any real noticeable degree (at least for us right now), but probably a lot more so out at "let's play every non-conference game at Peterson" land. I predict our experience next year will be a bit more pleasant than someone else. Perhaps Huggins can read Dixon a bedtime story about taking a Big East team into a new league. I'm sure Dixon can come up with a nice plastic smile in case someone's watching.

4/29/2013 10:37 pm  #255

apluski wrote:

CLK wrote:

Duing the men's NCAA tournament I predicted that Dixon would not come back to Pitt (win some and lose some) and one of the reasons I predicted that was because of Pitt's move to the ACC. Pitt's team is/was not built for ACC ball but for the Big East style of play. I still believe Dixon will (is?) regret not leaving. The wheels are continuing to fall off the wagon out at the zoo (how appropriate a name) and I sense Mr "Plastic Smile" is now coming to grips with the fact that unless something happens pretty quickly, he and his "plastic smile" reputation are going to take a real beating next year. As the escalader slowly reverses upwards at Duquesne it may also as slowly being reversed at **itt. Not to any real noticeable degree (at least for us right now), but probably a lot more so out at "let's play every non-conference game at Peterson" land. I predict our experience next year will be a bit more pleasant than someone else. Perhaps Huggins can read Dixon a bedtime story about taking a Big East team into a new league. I'm sure Dixon can come up with a nice plastic smile in case someone's watching.

Truthfully, who really cares? We need to take care of our own business. This reminds me of a Pitt board, where there are more threads about Penn State and WVU than there are about Pitt. Pitt sucked during the 90's, and it did us no good at all.

4/30/2013 9:54 am  #256

Actually, it brought me many hours of great joy.

4/30/2013 10:35 am  #257

ElDuque wrote:

Actually, it brought me many hours of great joy.

Ditto!

4/30/2013 2:46 pm  #258

duq - You are correct about the Pitt board - never saw so many insecure fans in all of my life!  They spend more time trying to rip up PSU - which they can't compete with in football or any other sport but basketball, more than they do trying to build up their own team.  However, I also enjoyed the joy!!!

4/30/2013 2:52 pm  #259

duq81 wrote:

apluski wrote:

CLK wrote:

Truthfully, who really cares? We need to take care of our own business. This reminds me of a Pitt board, where there are more threads about Penn State and WVU than there are about Pitt. Pitt sucked during the 90's, and it did us no good at all.

Truthfully, there are people that care. I apologize if I did not make my point more clear but my point is that I sense the beginnings of a reversal of fortunes for men's BB at Duquesne and Pitt. As with all major change, the bigger the change, the longer it takes and the more slowly it happens. But I sense the Duquesne-Pitt (sorry to use the name of another school on the fourm) change happening. And I sense people really do care...about both changes. 

4/30/2013 5:34 pm  #260

Reading a Pitt board is like pooping where you sleep.

4/30/2013 7:08 pm  #261

ElDuque wrote:

Reading a Pitt board is like pooping where you sleep.

Actually, it's very entertaining.

5/01/2013 5:50 pm  #262

Gabe Levin committed to LMU. 

http://lmulionsroar.com/?p=1591

5/01/2013 6:31 pm  #263

Jaw drops. Loyola Marymount?

5/01/2013 7:50 pm  #264

Still no word on McKoy.  I saw this was posted by Dominique McKoy last Monday after his visit to DU.  I was never any good at reading tea leaves, so interpret as you will. 

Dominique McKoy ‏@DMCKOY5 29 Apr Excited about next year 🏀🏆❗

Last edited by CLK (5/01/2013 7:51 pm)

5/01/2013 8:36 pm  #265

Poor choice gabe.

5/02/2013 5:28 am  #266

Edgar Walker ‏@Edgar_Walker 7hGeorgetown Prep F Mike Wolfe (former Loyola commit) might not prep and stay in 2013 class after all. Siena and Duquesne involved.

See information on him on page 19 & 20 of this thread.

Last edited by CLK (5/02/2013 5:29 am)

5/02/2013 7:27 am  #267

I think Levin wants to be a big fish in a small pond. First choice was Hofstra. If that's where he's comfortable, then the A-10 and playing the likes of Pitt and WVU won't appeal to him. Wolfe, McKoy and I guess the other SF - his name escapes me - are still in the mix. I think we have two open, right?

5/02/2013 4:29 pm  #268

Levin is from Chicago so maybe he wanted to play close to home, or maybe DU did not push hard to get him.  Who knows?   

At this point we have at least two open. 

It looks like Siena is pushing hard to get Wolfe who is visiting Siena today and tomorrow.

http://blog.timesunion.com/collegesports/wolfe-to-visit-siena-on-thursday/16086/

Last edited by CLK (5/02/2013 4:44 pm)

5/02/2013 5:55 pm  #269

5/02/2013 9:49 pm  #270

Levin is not going to play near Chicago, he's going to play in Los Angeles.

5/02/2013 10:42 pm  #271

Bilgy wrote:

Levin is not going to play near Chicago, he's going to play in Los Angeles.

He must have been thinking about Loyola of Chicago. LMU is the school that Paul Westhead used to coach, and that Hank Gathers and Bo Kimble played for. Hard to blame a young kid for picking the sunny land of beautiful women over Pittsburgh.

5/09/2013 11:15 am  #272

5/09/2013 1:49 pm  #273

Looks like the talent level in Pittsburgh is starting to heat up again.

If they do decide to play together, Duquesne certainly has a history of twins and brothers (Nelsons, Barrs, Ricketts).

And on an unrelated but funny note regarding twins ...  

5/09/2013 3:03 pm  #274

ElDuque wrote:

Looks like the talent level in Pittsburgh is starting to heat up again.

If they do decide to play together, Duquesne certainly has a history of twins and brothers (Nelsons, Barrs, Ricketts).
moe Barr was from Pittsburgh, Mike Barr was from Ohio, I never heard they were related.

And on an unrelated but funny note regarding twins ...  

A diehard fan since 1961

5/09/2013 3:21 pm  #275

Thanks for the clarification Phil.

Another pain in the assumption on my part.

Board footera