Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/21/2019 1:36 pm  #1

10/21/2019 3:36 pm  #2

Re: PSN Season Preview

As always, Zach has provided a very balanced insight into this team. This season will be a challenge due to all of the new roles that will come into play. The leaders seem to be focused in this piece. The two freshmen will probably have to be more than bit players for real success. It is exciting to know we are getting closer to the season’s start. Thank you to Zach for keeping us up to date. Go Dukes!

10/21/2019 6:14 pm  #3

Offense sells Tickets - Defense wins Championships -  Even though Cherie Lea is in charge of the defense (and Coach Burt gives his Assistants WAY more lee way/input in nearly every huddle than other coaches  I'm hoping the additions of Vanessa Abel and Connor Richardson to the staff make the defense much stronger - And working with the players on  daily basis  Feel with the current make up of the team it's going to be the team's easiest path to victory most nights. 

Nice to see Nina is healthy -  and the two freshmen who are not being red shirted are going to have to contribute some.

Am thinking early polls/coaches votes would have team somewhere in the middle of the A-10.

ONLY 15 DAYS UNTIL THE OPENER.   

10/22/2019 5:31 pm  #4

From what I've heard:  Vanessa is already having a positive impact with the players.  Nina Aho and Laia are poised to be the players Dan and the coaches thought they would be when recruited.  Another encouraging note- the offense Duquesne will run may likely be different than in past seasons to better fit the size, length and talent.

I am hopeful that will translate into more post play, better post defense and better rebounding.  

Also hopeful that Amaya Hamilton, with her 6'2 length and athleticism, will develop into a dominating player; something Duquesne needs to become a contender.

The lack  of a true home court will be a significant challenge, especially early.  I don't see a high scoring team, but perhaps a better defensive team and like Skeptic Al says- defense wins championships.  Would love to see a zone variation now that the eventual lineup might be bigger across the front line and the perimeter.

Final note-  If Duquesne (collectively) can substantially reduce ill-advised shots, look more for open players with better shots,  reduce guard penetration into the paint on defense and rebound the ball more effectively, this team may become an A10 surprise.  

Board footera