Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/04/2013 12:28 pm  #1

LG Gill commits to Duquesne

Mark Selig ‏@MarkRSelig 10mLG Gill, an athletic swingman who drew considerable interest from JMU, has committed to Duquesne. At least he'll be a Duke.

LG Gill –Benedictine (Richmond, VA)
A 6’6 wing forward, Gill is exactly the type of kid that coaches love to have on their roster. He’s versatile, plays hard, and doesn’t force things. Owning fluid athleticism, Gill affects the game in multiple areas and has put himself in a great position to find a home at a low to mid-level division one program. He’s a guy that can score for you in the half court set with set jumpers and straight line drives, or in transition, as he runs the floor well and fills lanes appropriately. Gill will never blow you away with flashy play, but he will consistently impress you with his business-like approach and all around basketball ability.

http://recruitinghype.blogspot.com/2013/02/available-and-deserving.html

Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-OIDuxIbt4

Last edited by CLK (5/04/2013 12:32 pm)

5/04/2013 12:50 pm  #2

Re: LG Gill commits to Duquesne

Got a full boat now.

5/04/2013 1:29 pm  #3

This recruiting class is just what I've been waiting for, on paper at least. Everyone will have to show up and prove their worth to this program, but I am feeling pretty good today. Congratulations to Coach Ferry & Co. for an outstanding effort!

5/04/2013 1:32 pm  #4

Yep, full boat, but a heck of a lot of new faces. Somehow, I'm feeling a lot more optimistic about the team's chances entering next year, opposed to this year. There'll be a lot more size, that's for sure.

5/04/2013 2:04 pm  #5

It's Christmas morning and I'm six years old again.

5/04/2013 3:44 pm  #6

Hope their basketball IQ is good.  I've seen too many bonehead plays the last two years I've seen Duquesne.  I realize I saw only two games, but I'm willing to bet the other games had mistakes too.  Anyway, it looks good.  Play hard, play smart, and the talent will take over.

5/04/2013 4:29 pm  #7

I like this tweet from this young man.  Shows you where his head is at.  Welcome to Duquesne LG.

LG ‏@cgill10 5hI just wanna thank God for giving me the opportunity to go play division 1 ball, but most importantly receive a free education #Blessed🙏🏀

I also like this tweet from his coach.

Ryan Marable ‏@CoachMarable 4hBig congrats to @cgill10 on his commitment to Duquesne. They are getting a potential pro and a great young man

5/04/2013 8:44 pm  #8

Probably won't be many minutes for him this year, but with Soko a senior, and McKoy a junior, he'll have a chance to play a lot down the road. Might he get a red shirt?

5/04/2013 9:43 pm  #9

I don't think he's competing for minutes with Soko, Watkins, Lewis and Robinson, I think he's competing for minutes with McKoy and Jerry Jones.

I know there are a lot of new faces, I hope these kids stick around for a while.

5/05/2013 9:02 am  #10

ElDuque wrote:

I don't think he's competing for minutes with Soko, Watkins, Lewis and Robinson, I think he's competing for minutes with McKoy and Jerry Jones.

I know there are a lot of new faces, I hope these kids stick around for a while.

I think Soko may play the 3, not the 4. In that scenario, it may be a case of McKoy vs Watkins for a starting spot. If Watkins looks to be the better player, Soko starts at the 3. If McKoy looks better, Soko starts at the 4. Most likely, Soko will see time at both the 3 and 4, depending on who else is on the floor.

5/05/2013 10:36 am  #11

duq81 wrote:

Probably won't be many minutes for him this year, but with Soko a senior, and McKoy a junior, he'll have a chance to play a lot down the road. Might he get a red shirt?

Good question.  We have 6 in this 2017 class counting Mason.  Gill I think would benefit from a red shirt development year, and since he seems to value the opportunity for education (see his tweet in my previous post above) would also get an extra year of college, and this would help with our class distribution.

5/05/2013 2:02 pm  #12

Out of Soko, Watkins and McKoy only Soko can shoot like you need from your SF position. Soko wanted to go where he could play the 3 and Ferry might have recruitrd in a way that would allow him to do that.

Board footera