Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/04/2013 8:10 am  #1

Projected starting lineup

To start the season:

Soko, Watkins and McKoy up front, with Robinson and Lewis backing up Soko and Watkins and Jerry Jones backing up McKoy. Rationale: No returning starters. Datt never started for Ferry. Pantophlet, Abele, and Martin are all gone. Except for Jones, who I expect to play in more of a swingman role this year, Soko and McKoy have the most experience of our frontcourt players, and Wakins is our highest rated recruit. Until I actually see these guys play, I have nothing more to base this on. I see Datt getting spot minutes, when someone has foul trouble or when Ferry wants to go to a taller lineup.

Colter and Jeremiah Jones in the backcourt. White the first guard off the bench. Ridenour will also play significant minutes, and Jerry Jones, who played PG in HS, will also play in the backcourt on occasion. Rationale: Two returning starters. Unless and until someone takes away their jobs,  I think Ferry goes with experience, especially with a new frontcourt.

By the time the A-10 season starts, I think Robinson and White will be pushing the starters, and may break into the lineup.

5/04/2013 7:28 pm  #2

Re: Projected starting lineup

I'm with you on most of your lineup, but I see White starting immediately. He led JUCO in scoring and could push Colter to a backup role quickly. Either way, Colter or White would have to be one of the best backup point guards in the A10.

5/04/2013 8:19 pm  #3

Robinson
McKoy
Soko
White
Colter

Subject to change after I get a look at these kids at Greentree.

5/04/2013 8:35 pm  #4

WashPaRick wrote:

Robinson
McKoy
Soko
White
Colter

Subject to change after I get a look at these kids at Greentree.

Agree. Robinson is a center, and has a higher rating than Watkins does. I think the size up front will allow them to go small in the backcourt, but Jones, and Ridenhour will see plenty of minutes.

5/06/2013 12:42 pm  #5

I don't believe that it will matter who starts. There will be plenty of minutes for everyone. Lewis might be a likely redshirt. I would be surprised if anyone else would be considered for one. Possibly Gill except that he appears to be a very good shooter and that is a luxury that there might not be enough of up front.

5/06/2013 1:24 pm  #6

president wrote:

I don't believe that it will matter who starts. There will be plenty of minutes for everyone. Lewis might be a likely redshirt. I would be surprised if anyone else would be considered for one. Possibly Gill except that he appears to be a very good shooter and that is a luxury that there might not be enough of up front.

I agree 100% with your comment on starters. I believe the starting lineup will constantly change and will not be indicitive of the "best five" at all. There finally appears to be enough player/talent depth that the PT minutes will be spread generiously (and still be game effective). Granted that all recruits looks great on paper and on personal recruiting videos, but I genuinely believe this to be one of the top recruiting classes at Duquesne in recent memory. I am very excited about the quality/potential of this recruiting class and am excitedly looking forward to this season for the first time in...let's just say, too long. Kudos to Coach Ferry and Staff for working their butts off. Thanks. 

Board footera