Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/23/2019 2:14 pm  #51

Re: Game Thread - Air Force Falcons

5-0 against no one. No one. This fan board just wants wins Against teams that only help our kenpom rankings for the month for November and December.  when we hit conference then let’s celebrate and really see if we’re a NIT or NCAA team And be the top a10 team in March rather than November 22nd cause I know this isn’t our best basketball

11/23/2019 3:11 pm  #52

@godukes17 we all understand the situation at hand.  Don't be so negative.  When we are 12-0 in our non conference then I'll check back with you.

11/23/2019 3:21 pm  #53

Godukes2017 wrote:

5-0 against no one. No one. This fan board just wants wins Against teams that only help our kenpom rankings for the month for November and December. when we hit conference then let’s celebrate and really see if we’re a NIT or NCAA team And be the top a10 team in March rather than November 22nd cause I know this isn’t our best basketball

I'm looking for a voice of reason. Where's Ritter?

11/23/2019 3:39 pm  #54

Godukes2017 wrote:

5-0 against no one. No one. This fan board just wants wins Against teams that only help our kenpom rankings for the month for November and December.  when we hit conference then let’s celebrate and really see if we’re a NIT or NCAA team And be the top a10 team in March rather than November 22nd cause I know this isn’t our best basketball

If all of this is so meaningless, why are you wasting your time here?

11/25/2019 11:27 am  #55

I’m not being a Ritter. I’m a fan like you guys. I give credit when due and we all know we haven’t played anyone yet so why are we making it seem like I’m knocking our team? I just want success on the later end of the season rather than non conference cause honestly we did good the last two seasons under coach D in non con due to teams not being very good just like this year. I just want a real challenge Iike WVU. Playing those games gives a better out look than mid major teams who are much more father behind than us.

11/25/2019 12:24 pm  #56

Godukes2017 wrote:

I’m not being a Ritter. I’m a fan like you guys. I give credit when due and we all know we haven’t played anyone yet so why are we making it seem like I’m knocking our team? I just want success on the later end of the season rather than non conference cause honestly we did good the last two seasons under coach D in non con due to teams not being very good just like this year. I just want a real challenge Iike WVU. Playing those games gives a better out look than mid major teams who are much more father behind than us.

I think there is two thoughts about scheduling OOC. One would be to start with lesser opponents and build up to conf. time. The other is to schedule stronger teams and try to match up even though your record could look bad for the effort. So far this season, the Dukes are doing fine but I agree, it's hard at this point to tell how this translate into wins come conf. time.  But at least this team is beating the teams it's suppose to.  And that's a good thing.  

11/25/2019 1:14 pm  #57

Godukes2017 wrote:

The OOC is what it is, get over it. It is not like KD didn't want to play Pitt and Penn State this year.  Those schools decided not to play DU.  It is not like DU didn't want to play in a major holiday tournament.  DU was not invited.  As far as scheduling the remaining schedule, rather than criticize KD I applaud him for being able to be creative.  Think about it.  He had to balance the availability of three different venues with teams willing and able to play in Pittsburgh.  As far as scheduling away games with big 5 teams it is not that easy for teams like DU, and is even more difficult with their expansion of league play.  Big 5 teams (especially mid league teams) do not want to buy games with teams like DU  who could bite them.  KD said this OOC was better than most non informed fans realize.  We will have to wait a few weeks to see how these other teams finish.  We have played representative from several leagues.

Do I want to see us do well in A10 League play.  Of course, and so does almost everyone else on this board, but I am happy we are 6-0 now.

11/25/2019 2:23 pm  #58

Happy to be 6-0 as well, happy to see the team rebounding from slow starts and poor stretches to win these games. Tells me that they expect to win every time they step on the court. I realize we haven't really beaten world-beaters yet and we may not really be challenged until conference play (though Real Time RPI has us losing to Radford, UAB and Marshall). But Jim Ferry lost these games all the time and even Keith's first two teams lost to NJIT, Cornell and Robert Morris. Winning the games you should win is an important step to being a successful program. 

11/25/2019 2:41 pm  #59

Godukes2017 wrote:

They are at least playing middle of the pack teams from good mid major conferences, and not the collection of sub 340 Ken Pom rated HBCU schools and NEC types (a certain one who seems to beat us every year BTW) as per years past.

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

11/25/2019 3:11 pm  #60

Tejas_Duke wrote:

They are at least playing middle of the pack teams from good mid major conferences, and not the collection of sub 340 Ken Pom rated HBCU schools and NEC types (a certain one who seems to beat us every year BTW) as per years past.

Very true, no dregs of the MEAC, SWAC and America East on this schedule, no teams in their first year of D1 basketball, no branch campuses. We've seen a lot worse. 

Board footera