Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/01/2012 5:47 pm  #1

Bold Predictions

Based on watching almost every game the Dukes have played so far this year, I feel comfortable predicting that in Wednesday's game vs Pitt:

-Martins Abele will have a double double in rebounds and points

-Quevyn Winters will have a major impact in the 3-point department.

-Jerry Jones will have greater than 15 points off the bench.

-There will be a large amount of Duquesne Students.

-Dukes will win by 5.

Its just cautious optimism.

By the way, Yes, Pitt is 6-1, but the teams they've beat have a combined record of 13-29.

Go Dukes!

12/01/2012 7:24 pm  #2

Re: Bold Predictions

I quit caring about the Pitt game years ago, probably the year we led the entire game but for about the last 8 seconds and we still managed to lose by 8 points in OT.

We've thrown much better teams against much worse of their teams and we never win.

Chalk up another loss and move on.

Go Dukes

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

12/01/2012 11:37 pm  #3

I respect your realism. I'm just blindly optimistic about sports in general, which can be depressing at times.

Go Dukes!

12/02/2012 12:06 pm  #4

Duquesnefan wrote:

I respect your realism. I'm just blindly optimistic about sports in general, which can be depressing at times.

Go Dukes!

I like optimistic people.  If you don't believe you can you won't, or as a friend of mine once said "can't never could".  We are going to find out a little more about this team Wednesday.  When these guys play together as a team they exceed the sum of their parts (as Coach Ferry once said) and can play at a high level.  There may be some ups and downs, but this team keeps getting better because to a man they want to get better and win.  Guys like Jeremiah "Indiana" Jones, Q Winters, and Colter come out and are maturing and taking on bigger roles on this team as freshman which make the future look bright.  A long way to go this season but there are reasons to be olptimistic.  Go Dukes!

12/02/2012 2:15 pm  #5

Don't forget my boy Abele. He is coming into his own.

Tejas, I am happy to see you posting again.

Board footera