Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/07/2013 9:03 am  #1

Are we done recruiting for 2013?

On paper we have no more scholarships to give, however, according to the Indy Star article from yesterday linked below:

"Former Cathedral standout Errick Peck, who is considering a transfer to Purdue, plans to nail down his visit dates to Xavier and Duquesne on Tuesday. The 6-6 Peck is a senior at Cornell and is eligible to play right away as a one-year transfer. He visited Purdue last week."

http://blogs.indystar.com/recruitingcentral/archives/3528

Could just be nothing but worth watching.

5/07/2013 11:42 am  #2

Re: Are we done recruiting for 2013?

Mulder wrote:

CLK wrote:

On paper we have no more scholarships to give, however, according to the Indy Star article from yesterday linked below:

"Former Cathedral standout Errick Peck, who is considering a transfer to Purdue, plans to nail down his visit dates to Xavier and Duquesne on Tuesday. The 6-6 Peck is a senior at Cornell and is eligible to play right away as a one-year transfer. He visited Purdue last week."

http://blogs.indystar.com/recruitingcentral/archives/3528

Could just be nothing but worth watching.

I don't think you ever stop recruiting no matter what.  If Ferry has some interest in him I assume that means he can find a slot somehow.

Very true.  What is interesting to me is that if the story is true and that Peck will visit you have to wonder if there may already be one more open that we are not aware of, especially if it is an Official visit (not sure it is) where DU is picking up the tab.

5/07/2013 6:13 pm  #3

Mamadou Datt's position on the team may be expendable.

5/08/2013 2:19 pm  #4

[Cornell_BB_Blog] Cornell_BB_Blog ‏@Cornell_BB_Blog 9m
Per the Ft. Wayne Journal and Courier: Errick Peck's decision comes down to Purdue and Xavier. Big 10 or Big East.

Looks like the 2013 class is final, unless there is late suprise roster move.

5/09/2013 10:53 am  #5

Having read El Duque's "by class" thread, I would like us to focus on future years in recruiting. I don't want to be in a position where the classes are way out of balance. It's hard to predict transfers, which give the opportunity to tune the class size.

5/09/2013 11:01 am  #6

CLK wrote:

[Cornell_BB_Blog] Cornell_BB_Blog ‏@Cornell_BB_Blog 9m
Per the Ft. Wayne Journal and Courier: Errick Peck's decision comes down to Purdue and Xavier. Big 10 or Big East.

Looks like the 2013 class is final, unless there is late suprise roster move.

Doesn't bother me. He's not a "great" player, and we seem to have filled our hole at his position anyway.

Board footera