Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/11/2019 8:47 am  #51

Re: Duquesne among the twenty remaining unbeaten teams in college hoops

While watching Penn State beat Maryland last night the list went up (twice during the broadcast) with the undefeated teams in the country.  It was nice seeing Duquesne up there, though the announcer said he never saw Liberty or Duquesne play yet this year.  The idea that it was shown on National TV is a plus for recruiting.  Go Dukes.

12/11/2019 9:38 am  #52

I told you guys two weeks ago that if we could stay on that list when it dropped under 10, that there would be a payoff for us.

12/11/2019 10:23 am  #53

FAM wrote:

While watching Penn State beat Maryland last night the list went up (twice during the broadcast) with the undefeated teams in the country.  It was nice seeing Duquesne up there, though the announcer said he never saw Liberty or Duquesne play yet this year.  The idea that it was shown on National TV is a plus for recruiting.  Go Dukes.

I watched Baylor beat Butler, and the list kept coming up. I think 4 teams lost last night.

12/11/2019 11:27 am  #54

Next one is always the most important one. Beat Radford!

12/11/2019 11:28 am  #55

NapaDuke wrote:

FAM wrote:

I watched Baylor beat Butler, and the list kept coming up. I think 4 teams lost last night.

I was happy to see Butler lose. I hate the Big East, and all of their nasty and arrogant fans. Every time one of their teams loses, I'm happy, especially Xavier, whose fans were never shy about trashing Duquesne. F**k them!

12/11/2019 11:38 am  #56

duq81 wrote:

NapaDuke wrote:

FAM wrote:

I was happy to see Butler lose. I hate the Big East, and all of their nasty and arrogant fans. Every time one of their teams loses, I'm happy, especially Xavier, whose fans were never shy about trashing Duquesne. F**k them!

So in a few years, after Dambrot takes the Dukes to the NIT three times and the Big Dance twice, and the BE looks to expand, you are going to be in favor of saying "No?" 

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

12/11/2019 12:40 pm  #57

I think now that we are down to 5 teams, being on that list on ESPN does a ton for us and liberty vs the blue bloods. Everybody sees the list goes Ohio State, ok. Auburn, ok.

Duquesne? What is that? Queue internet and social media search. Good ol’ free organic marketing.

One thing I wonder is if we get down to say 1 of 3 teams left, do we start seeing our games on ESPN network tv? We obviously have some type of contract with them with all of our games shown on ESPN+, wonder if we could “get flexed into prime time”, to use an nfl broadcasting phrase?

12/11/2019 12:42 pm  #58

Tejas_Duke wrote:

duq81 wrote:

NapaDuke wrote:

So in a few years, after Dambrot takes the Dukes to the NIT three times and the Big Dance twice, and the BE looks to expand, you are going to be in favor of saying "No?" 

Of course not. Pitt and Syracuse fans spent a decade bashing the ACC, then celebrated when they got the invite. I'd love to be in the BE, but as of now, we're trash to them, so they can kiss my hiney!

12/11/2019 12:57 pm  #59

12/11/2019 2:13 pm  #60

12/11/2019 3:27 pm  #61

That is one beautiful list!
AND
That is one beautiful map!

"Facts are stubborn things."
                                 John Adams

12/11/2019 5:17 pm  #62

Ghost of Walter White wrote:

That is one beautiful list!
AND
That is one beautiful map!

It'll look better when it's all blue!!! If it becomes all blue, we'll need to do a blue out vs Dayton!!

12/11/2019 8:49 pm  #63

We're up to the plate next against Radford, Sat. at 2.    Auburn hosts St. Louis at 4.    Liberty visits Vanderbilt at 8.   OSU visits Minn. Sunday at 530.  SDSU has a bye until 12/18 when they play non-Div.1 San Diego Christian.

Last edited by MikeR (12/12/2019 8:42 am)

12/11/2019 9:28 pm  #64

If the A-10 goes undefeated on Saturday we could see five teams getting votes in the polls. Dayton could be in the top 10. Richmond, us, and VCU are already getting votes. St. Louis might garner some votes if they are able to give Auburn their first loss of the season and only have one loss themselves. George Mason is 10-1, but they lost to the only opponent with a pulse by 20+, so I don't think they have a chance. No other conference in the country has as many teams with 0 or 1 losses. Only the Big 12 matches the A-10 with five.

Last edited by luckymcd (12/11/2019 9:31 pm)

12/12/2019 2:19 pm  #65

5 Golden Teams

12/12/2019 4:37 pm  #66

Four about to fall, three games in Ohio, two holidays, and undefeated Dukes in the New Year!

12/14/2019 6:14 pm  #67

Well St. Louis didn't shoot well and refused to accept charity at the stripe. Auburn wins again 67-61.

12/14/2019 9:46 pm  #68

Liberty up 2 with a minute to go.

12/14/2019 9:54 pm  #69

Liberty wins it.

12/15/2019 8:14 pm  #70

How much of that Ohio State map we taking 2nite?

12/15/2019 8:37 pm  #71

WashPaRick wrote:

Most of it!

12/15/2019 11:32 pm  #72

WashPaRick wrote:

SDSU will move 90 miles east, while Auburn will move quite a bit north. Liberty will pick up a small amount. We get the rest.

12/16/2019 1:26 pm  #73

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

12/16/2019 4:18 pm  #74

12/16/2019 5:01 pm  #75

SDSU plays a non D1 Wednesday, Auburn plays a pretty good NC State team Thursday (ESPN2), and Liberty plays Nakye Sanders and Towson Friday.

Last edited by Duques102 (12/16/2019 5:01 pm)

Board footera