Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/22/2019 8:45 pm  #2

Re: Andre Harris Commits

Sounds good. Feels like the kind of guy we used to miss on all the time.

12/22/2019 9:17 pm  #3

Thanks WEB.  Really nice pick up for the Dukes.  "He selected Duquesne over his other six finalists- TCU, Georgetown, Washington State, New Mexico, Montana and Grand Valley State."  With Roesing a lethal 3 point shooter, and Acuff a big time scorer (scored 42 point in a game a few days ago) KD and staff have a really good recruiting class for 2020.

12/22/2019 9:40 pm  #4

This guy was a must have for Dukes to move forward next year and into the future.It sounds like he will be
contributing immediately.Dukes need help on the boards.

12/23/2019 12:00 am  #5

Sorry about the last link. This is the link I meant to post regarding Andre Harris.

https://www.theshowbasketball.com/making-magic-dalen-terry-andre-harris/?v=7516fd43adaa

12/23/2019 7:10 am  #6

Coach turned a bummer of a weekend (Steelers and Dukes losing) around. Just like that. Love this guy.

12/23/2019 8:31 am  #7

6'7 250, nice

12/23/2019 8:34 am  #8

Well that is some good news, esp coming off yesterday.   Hopefully can bounce back, get Marshall and then turn to the A10, where there is a possibility of starting 5-0, maybe even 7-0.   But first things first, the Herd in Ohio.  MArshall has the 6'9'' 300 pound guy, otherwise we should physically match up well with them.

I tip my cap to Colin Dunlap last night for acknowledging the Dukes got off to the 10-0 start on the late night kdka sports show.   After reading the article in the PG where it said there were many reason for no City Game this year, then basically listed all the ways DU tried to play it, at pitt's court, forgoing the $....and then it was that Capel didnt want to.   And yet they seemed to try to spin it as equal reasons(the Dukes WANTED TO PLAY IT).    It was nice to see at least 1 kdka/PG person get us some propers.

Last edited by townsonkid (12/23/2019 9:00 am)

12/23/2019 4:07 pm  #9

12/23/2019 5:18 pm  #10

I think recruiting took a bit of an upswing this year with a couple of 3 stars and maybe one of the best shooters available. Might not be the last recruit. I can see a grad transfer wanting to come if we have a good season.

12/23/2019 8:21 pm  #11

WashPaRick wrote:

I think recruiting took a bit of an upswing this year with a couple of 3 stars and maybe one of the best shooters available. Might not be the last recruit. I can see a grad transfer wanting to come if we have a good season.

I hope not. I don't want to see anyone run off. assuming that Hughes will grad transfer, we're already going to need for someone to leave. We're already going to have 3 senior starters leaving after next year. Having a ton of seniors in the rotation will leave the younger players lacking experience, which will send us tumbling down the standings the next year. We had a need for a grad transfer this year due to the injuries in the frontcourt. I don't see the need next year. I want Andre Harris to get most of those minutes that Baylee is getting this year. If the young guys are always being blocked by grad transfers, how are we ever going to build a program? We lucked out with Baylee. Most grad transfers suck. No to any grad transfers at this point. Play the young recruits so we can keep this train rolling!!

12/23/2019 8:47 pm  #12

duq81 wrote:

WashPaRick wrote:

I hope not. I don't want to see anyone run off. assuming that Hughes will grad transfer, we're already going to need for someone to leave. We're already going to have 3 senior starters leaving after next year. Having a ton of seniors in the rotation will leave the younger players lacking experience, which will send us tumbling down the standings the next year. We had a need for a grad transfer this year due to the injuries in the frontcourt. I don't see the need next year. I want Andre Harris to get most of those minutes that Baylee is getting this year. If the young guys are always being blocked by grad transfers, how are we ever going to build a program? We lucked out with Baylee. Most grad transfers suck. No to any grad transfers at this point. Play the young recruits so we can keep this train rolling!!

+1

12/24/2019 8:35 am  #13

Yeah no to any Grad Transfers unless there is a glaring need, and I just don't see that right now. 

I love the direction this team is heading in.  You can see how much more depth they have this year. 

12/24/2019 8:41 am  #14

One thing i could not find was a rating for this young man. Maybe someone could share some insight.

12/24/2019 9:45 am  #15

He appears to be what many on this board call a "6'7" swingman."

12/24/2019 10:47 am  #16

Bilgy wrote:

He appears to be what many on this board call a "6'7" swingman."

No, I would not say he is a swingman.  I believe he is young Marcus Weathers (which is a very very good thing)..  He is not a small forward, and while he can play the 5 that would not be the best use of his skills.

12/24/2019 1:29 pm  #17

1111 Vickroy wrote:

One thing i could not find was a rating for this young man. Maybe someone could share some insight.

The one rating on Harris that I read assessed him 3 stars
(Sorry that I cannot recall where I read this in order to give you the link).

Mike Rice once mentioned to me that an incoming Duquesne player would be rated higher if he was attending a media darling program (P5 in today's world)
Maybe Harris kicked up to a 4 star in an "under-the-arm' press release?

12/24/2019 2:02 pm  #18

Bball rankings are worse than football.   Lots of players for bball.   But the "stars" do change when a kid picks a big time school, at least in football they do.    Sooner or later, just trust KD and his eval, and hopefully the kid stays here for 3-4 years and brings excitement to the Coop.

12/24/2019 4:24 pm  #19

This recruiting class is very impressive if only for really nailing the need areas & doing so with freshmen. This coaching staff really understands & has a knack for A-10 recruiting. They have only a limited amount of control of the wacky-wacky transfer chaos that is modern college basketball but they sure have this part of program building nailed.

12/25/2019 12:42 pm  #20

I've seen him listed at both 230 and 250 but I haven't seen the highlight tape yet. Duquesne could use a VCU type player though - 6'8, bouncy, tough defender, who can make things happen in and around the rim. I am hoping that Andre is that guy. 

12/26/2019 4:40 am  #21

In response to mm76or99's comment of "not seeing a Harris highlight tape" may I present some holiday eye candy regarding a major "get" for our program:

1. Andre (Power Move) Harris. https://youtu.be/XsHKDoaD7hE

2. I think this AAU clip is Harris post- junior-year summer? Two notes: watch how Harris finishes in traffic underneath. Also, around the 1 minute mark of the video watch Harris save the ball and how he gets to the hoop.  https://youtu.be/k9peDu3PHLA

3. Memorial Day Classic this past summer vs legitimate talent.  https://youtu.be/hImz5VLSCXI

I am ultra-hyped about this 2020 recruiting class. I look for three (probably four) departures so we may (not will) see an other addition.

12/26/2019 11:32 am  #22

Who else do you see leaving?
Steele is the obvious
Frankie Hughes guessing wont return but who else?  Lamar Norman maybe?

12/26/2019 11:55 am  #23

Can we please stop speculating about players leaving? They and their families read this board. What if I started speculating about whether your family was going to boot you out? Note that this is a general plea and NOT directed at any individual.

Peace.

12/26/2019 1:11 pm  #24

Following up on El Duque comment, I really enjoy all the opinions about rebounds, shot selection, - even coaching decisions as it pertains to the TEAM - not individual players.   But PLEASE lay off transfer speculation.  I cringe every time I see that going on here.  Besides, it is only December for heavens sake.  My rant may fall on deaf ears but I don’t care.  This team is 10-1 regardless of the schedule or how they played in their loss.  Show some support for these players.

12/26/2019 2:25 pm  #25

I would never have guessed that there would be two such opposed camps on the "speculating which players will transfer" topic. In deference to those whose opinion differs substantially from my own,  I will confine my discussion of this topic to personal messages & conversations. 

I can't help wonder if the folks banging this drum loudest understand that they too treat subject matter that is deemed unsavory or disrespectful by some while never being chastised for their topic choices. It would be extremely difficult to find one regular poster here that has not submitted offerings that could be/are deemed by others to be offending & damaging to players, recruits, coaches, administrators, fellow-posters, & the program at large. This sort of thing is, without fail, a matter of perspective & point of view.

Finally, it is a bit much to suggest that any of us, myself included, knows definitively which message board posts are good or bad for the program.

Last edited by phil95 (12/26/2019 3:13 pm)

Board footera