Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/19/2013 10:26 am  #1

DU to Host Area coaches

Dukes and coaches

Duquese University men's basketball coach Jim Ferry and his staff hope to have some WPIAL-City League players on their roster in coming years. Ferry wants to make a connection with district coaches and have good relationships with them.

So, Ferry and his staff are having a Duquesne Basketball Coaches Roundtable from 6-9 p.m. June 5 at Duquesne's Palumbo Center. The event is a "social" and open to any WPIAL or City League coaches -- freshman to varsity. Cost is $5 and includes refreshments. Coaches can do anything from socialize to hear X's and O's talk from Duquesne's coaches.

"We would just like to reach out and have a connection to the coaches in this area," said Duquesne assistant Rich Glesmann. "We just would like to have a relaxed event where we get to know the area coaches. Maybe a lot of them haven't been on Duquesne's campus or seen the Palumbo Center for years. There doesn't necessarily need to be formal 'chalk talk.' It can be done in a relaxed setting where we just socialize and talk basketball."

Coaches interested in attending should email Glesmann at glesmannr@duq.edu

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/high-school-other/high-school-notebook-2-sports-1-season-1-driven-athlete-688240/#ixzz2TkivASeS

5/19/2013 3:13 pm  #2

Re: DU to Host Area coaches

Cost is $5??????????!!!!!

Cost?  Cost!  Another amateur move by the tightwad imbeciles.

I bet not more than 7 go.  Laughable.

5/19/2013 3:14 pm  #3

It should be free, catered and valet parking

5/19/2013 4:09 pm  #4

Actually DU has to charge a nominal fee if they are serving refreshments to comply with NCAA rules.  It can't be free.  The idiots in this case is the NCAA.

Last edited by CLK (5/19/2013 4:17 pm)

5/19/2013 8:36 pm  #5

Proactive move.  Can't argue with it at all.  Good work. 

5/20/2013 7:38 am  #6

I like it. Ferry impresses me more everyday.

5/20/2013 2:10 pm  #7

Jeralta wrote:

It should be free, catered and valet parking

That was my first impression but then I recalled my time working for a nonprofit that would occassionally hold programs for no cost.  We found that charging a small amount, in our case it was $10, was enough of a buy in that people would commit.  When we tried offering them for free, even with the promise of good and timely information, we often did not get enough of a crowd to make it worthwhile holding.

I have no problem with it and think it's a good idea overall.

Board footera