Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/01/2020 5:03 pm  #1

Oklahoma State game

Just curious why no posts and discussion about the Oklahoma State game.

I personally thought the team played hard throughout the game and as well as they could that afternoon against an opponent with simply too much quickness, athleticism and size.  

I commend Laia who battled her taller opponent down in the block - and scored.

Duquesne will obviously not face a team like Oklahoma State in the A-10..  

1/01/2020 7:51 pm  #2

Re: Oklahoma State game

Based on what we saw last year when the Dukes played P-5 teams; the result wasn’t a surprise.  Ok. St has really handled the mid-majors convincingly; but got beat-up by three P-5’s including Oregon.  So, I’m not sure how they will do in the Big12. 

I’m not a fan of the match-up just before conference play; but hoping it won’t destroy their momentum heading into the A-10.

1/01/2020 9:29 pm  #3

Oregon, Louisville and Texas A&M, the three schools that defeated Oklahoma State decisively, are all top 10 teams.  The Cowgirls may surprise, but I don't see them contending for the Big-12 title.  As dominating as the Cowgirls looked against Duquesne, their nature of their 3 losses tells you what a gap there is between the Oklahoma States of the world and the truly 'big dogs' in the country. 

I hope you are right that their loss does not affect them mentally as they head into Conference play.  This (still) relatively young team may, in fact, be just fine.  On the other hand, last season's 2 opening road losses to TCU and Texas did affect the team's confidence because that team was pegged to be the A-10 Conference leader.

The good news for the Dukes is (1) expectations going into this season were much lower, (2) they exceeded non-conference expectations by winning 10 in a row and (3) they now know they can compete and defeat teams that have relatively similar talent, as are most teams in the A-10.

I think they bounce back and hopefully start a new winning streak.

1/02/2020 8:20 am  #4

There was a small posting about the Oklahoma State Game (see Tough Loss for the Ladies)

Can be tough to really schedule anyone over the holidays -  Can't blame Staff for wanting at least ONE game against a really good Non-Conference Foe -  Remember they even played UConn in Toronto a few years ago

Board footera