Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/13/2020 9:24 pm  #1

Lamar's Dad on Twitter

"Coaches need to recruit players that plays they system not waste a kids life on the bench."

Anybody else sick of his rants??

1/13/2020 9:46 pm  #2

Re: Lamar's Dad on Twitter

lilpav30 wrote:

"Coaches need to recruit players that plays they system not waste a kids life on the bench."

Who wastes their time following players parents on twitter? Who cares what he thinks?

1/13/2020 10:14 pm  #3

duq81 wrote:

lilpav30 wrote:

Who wastes their time following players parents on twitter? Who cares what he thinks?

Couldn’t agree more.   I don’t know why people go out of their way to be upset when times are good

Last edited by A83 (1/13/2020 10:45 pm)

1/13/2020 10:38 pm  #4

A83 wrote:

duq81 wrote:

lilpav30 wrote:

Couldn’t agree more. I don’t know why people go out of there way to be upset when times are good

Thank You!!! 👏👏👏👏👏

For what it's worth, his son is starting, and playing half the game. It's not like he has someone Like Carry blocking him. The competition at the 2 is fairly modest. If Lamar could get his shooting percentages up where they were last year, he'd take some of the minutes that are available. No one is going to hand anything to him. If he thinks our style is so wrong for his son, he should have done his homework while he was being recruited. KD has been a head coach over 20 years, his preferred style of play should have been no secret. With all of that said, his son can play, and he's got a chance to see the floor more, but again, he's got to grab the bull by the horns.

1/14/2020 7:48 am  #5

Dear Colleagues,
I don’t like these conversations..in fact I would hope no one would post tweets from parents anymore...Illpay 30, not trying to be disrespectful. A parents' love for his child is at times irrational.  That is his kid...in addition...sometimes a parent says something and it even makes the child uncomfortable among his friends and also puts him in a difficult position with the coach.  Let the dad be a dad, the kid be a kid, and the rest of us....well let’s try to leave those parents' tweets and posts away from the board.  Just my 2 cents.  Go Dukes.

Last edited by FAM (1/14/2020 8:02 am)

1/14/2020 8:12 am  #6

Can I ask the obvious question? Could he be referring to something else?

Why we have to disparage our own, I'll never understand.

1/14/2020 9:19 am  #7

ElDuque wrote:

Can I ask the obvious question? Could he be referring to something else?

Why we have to disparage our own, I'll never understand.

Could be, but he's suspect because he whined and cried last year when Lamar wasn't getting a lot of run. As A83 said though, why look for unimportant stuff that makes you feel bad? Things are going too well to be searching out the negative, and this includes folks who can't stop crying about coverage of Pitt, Bobby Mo, the local papers, etc.

1/14/2020 6:14 pm  #8

Lamar is playing good defense and is a valuable member of this team. I think we should focus on
the Dukes and appreciate this team.Nobody should be looking at the fathers tweets,to find out 
what he thinks.Got no business looking on twittter for something like this.Can we just be
thrilled with the team and enjoy this season ?

1/15/2020 9:21 pm  #9

Lamar's dad says: YOU LIKE THAT!?! 

Last edited by duq81 (1/15/2020 9:25 pm)

1/16/2020 11:43 am  #10

Coach Still plays TDM over him. Yes I’d be mad as a Dad.

1/16/2020 2:37 pm  #11

"I'm confused is the game is to win or to please players🤔"

1/16/2020 3:51 pm  #12

FAM and Stew, I am with you guys.  Let's not look for to get in between parents, their kids and the coaches.  Let's all enjoy this ride that was closed for 40 frighin years!!!  Go Dukes
Professor, you make some good points about the importance of the talent level of the players, WVU couldn't get out of their own way last year and look at this year.  Huggins was a really good coach then and still is today. 

1/16/2020 7:38 pm  #13

A83 wrote:

lilpav30 wrote:

"I'm confused is the game is to win or to please players🤔"

Strangely you run to tattle on him here.   Yet you don’t confront him on Twitter.   🤔

I applaud this but don’t want knuckleheads confronting players or their parents anywhere. For the record, I’m commending the comment lobbing grenades on a message board.

1/16/2020 9:22 pm  #14

Why would I confront him anywhere.  I'm a doctor and would not sacrifice my career my doing something so silly.

1/16/2020 9:36 pm  #15

lilpav30 wrote:

Why would I confront him anywhere. I'm a doctor and would not sacrifice my career my doing something so silly.

Says the guy who dropped this particular turd into the punch bowl. I move this entire thread be deleted.

Board footera